Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's a Spectacle!

I haven't posted in a while, but neither have many of the members of the Bokma Family Blog..... Shannon and Louis definitely get the 'frequent posters' award. Lots of stuff have happened in this past week. As many of you may or may not have known, I applied for the SMC (student ministry coordinator) position at SPU. First I'll tell you what an SMC does. There is one on each floor of each dorm at SPU, and they are supposed to pray for, hold Bible studies and encourage the girls on their floor. Its a pretty time consuming position, and you don't get paid for it, but the community within the SMC group has got some amazing people. Plus, this typed of thing is right up my alley. I didn't end up getting the position, and neither did a lot of girls that I know that applied for it. i'm at peace with it. Obviously I wasn't supposed to get SMC if I didn't get it, and there's no use in being sad over it. The good thing that came out of it is that I now have a roommate next year! Her name is Christian Lee and she is AMAZING! She is from sunny San Diego. She is the sweetest and most humble girl. We're going to try and room on 6th East Ashton or 4th Hill next year. Here are pictures of her.

My classes are going well. I'm in Chem 1330, Intro to Biological and Organic Chemistry. I am actually understanding the terms and nomenclatures this semester and am impressing myself on my homework. I was actually helping people yesterday on some of our web assign. In all my chemistry history this has NEVER happened. If this stays up I don't know what I'll do! haha. But all my other classes are good. I'm taking a class on the works of CS Lewis and I am so glad that I signed up for it. It gives me more incentive to be reading the books that I have been wanting to read for a while.
Last week my roommate Susie and I went downtown with my new camera and had a impromptu photoshoot. I can't get the photos to load on this post, but I will put one up with the sweet photos. ALSO! I got my new glasses in the mail today and they are bomb! I took some pictures on my iMac, so I'll put them up too. :]
Johanna and Tyler: I'm so glad that I got to see a picture of the latest addition to the family!
Sharon and Derek: I hope that Idaho is still treating you well and that you see hope for a warm Floridiaish summer :)Tell Dutch and Sake hello as well!
Louis and Shannon Henry and soon to be new nephew: I'm super happy that I got to meet up with you all! Greenlake and the Pacific Science Center were both amazing. I'm jealous of your weather in California. Seattle had a 78 degree Saturday, and everybody was out in shorts and tanks. My eyes still hurt.
Mom and Dad and Snickers: I'm excited to see you at Marijo's extravagant wedding!
I miss you and love you all and wish you Shalom!
Julia

No comments: