Friday, August 17, 2007

Summer News

Hi All,
Life here has been very busy. The weather here is still very hot, it is hard to believe that we actually have a winter here! I will update all of you on the highlights of our life lately.

Julia is back to plan A for her University studies. She has decided to attend SPU this fall. I think that it was a very good decison for her.

Dad and Julia are in heavy training for their trip to Israel on Sept. 5- 20. They've been hiking the canyon more often lately. On Sunday they will meet their Israel group in Wendell to hike the Box Canyon. (We will also add a visit to g-ma and papa's for lunch and then water skiing.) They have Bible verses to learn from memory and books to read, there are only a few weeks left before their big trip. They both are really looking forward to the "trip of a lifetime"!

Our annual camping trip to Pine/Anderson Reservior was great, our group was smaller this year than in the past. No camp fires were allowed this year due to heavy forest fires in Idaho. It just wasn't the same without our chats around the campfire. Dad took the new boat, it is soooo nice. Terry Mode brought his jet skiis, which were a huge hit. (We finally sold our old boat last week, hopefully it runs better for them than it did for us).

We are replacing our Apple computer for a new one from Larry Bryan. We used it for 3 months, it never worked well for us. The Paraellel's Program never did work well for our Quck Books or Dariy Quest programs. Sooooo, Julia gets to take the Apple to school with her! She is super happy about that! I'm not looking forward to another transition, but I am looking forward to having a computer that will print out checks without having the serviceman come out 2x's per week.

Johanna has moved home again, we are so happy to have her! Her old home is nearly empty, she is storing lots of her furniture at Tyler's home/shed. We have been receiving lots and lots of calls from people interested in renting her former home. I still don't think that we've found the "perfect renters", but I shall keep on interviewing until I find them. Jo and Tyler travel to Lynden WA again this week-end for another wedding, Tyler is a groomsman in this one. Johanna was asked to be a bridesmaid in Maryjo Southfield's wedding!

Our Big News is that Sharon and Derek are coming to Idaho on Saturday! We have a week of fun and merriment planned for the time that they will be here. Our hay hauler has offered his cabin at Redfish Lake for us to use. We would like to take them up there for one night, and try out the new boat at Redfish.

We attended a wedding reception for Jake Carroll and his new wife last week. He seems very happy, and has a delightful wife, Ruthann. Andrew Carroll has been called back into active service with the Army. He will be spending 18 more months in Iraq. They are all very sad/concerned about that. He was doing so well with his studies at college. We're praying that God will protect him from harm while in Iraq.

I was sorry to hear that baby Henry caught his first cold of his life. His daddy had it too. Bummer, summer colds are the pits, (and winter colds aren't)?

I'm getting a major haircut today, I won't have anymore perm left. So it will be a straight cut, which I haven't had in many years. I'm a bit nervous about it, you know how I panic with change......

Ta ta for now,
love ~mom~

No comments: