Saturday, June 09, 2007

Is Anybody Out There? Anyone, Anyone?

What's up with all of you bloggers???? It's lo-nely here all by myself. I want to know what's going on in ALL of your lives, I need details, and lots of them:)

It's Curtains for Me!
Now I'm redecorating my bedroom, and dealing with curtains. Each of my windows has a different curtain hanging in it from different stores. Just call me "Indecisive Goldilocks"! I've decided that I like the lace curtains from Wal-Mart and the sheers from Lowe's best. They are looking very nice and romantic! I tried several comforters too before finding one that was just right! It keeps me busy with the hanging ups and downs, and back and forths between stores and home. (Does this sound similar to my area rug situation? hmmmm) Dad has been very patient and helpful. Everytime after I bring something new home, he asks, "do WE like this one?" It's so good that his taste isn't as fickle as mine. I'm getting new towels and sheets too!

Julia's Graduation Party
It was great. We had a really good turn out, and the weather was perfect. I served 12 feet of Subway sandwiches, and had only 8" left over, lots of other goodies too, I put out 180 cream puffs and ran out at the end! I'm a purty good figure-er huh? We had volleyball and Bocce ball set up so it wasn't just standing around and talking. The party was from 5-8 and our last guests left at 11:00! Dad was upstairs guitar jammin' with some friends, David Meza was playing piano/singing, we had a regular musical dance hall going on here! However, it took me several days to recover. (I'm also dealing with an Identity Crisis b/c all of my kids will have left home this fall). I've never been very good at transitions, BUT life is all about change, so I shall be a big girl and deal with it somehow.....
Julia has recived a boatload of gifts and cards for her graduation. They are still coming in the mail. She feels very special and well loved by all! Now she must write her thank you notes, she is trying to write 5 per day.

Too Many Jobs
Julia got two new jobs last week, in addition to one she already had with our Mary Kay neighbor, Jane Lloyd. One job is a summer intern positon at the church, (her favorite)! She will be traveling alot with the church groups on missions trips and other activities. She will have her way paid AND get paid to be there! How perfect! Her other new job is at a brand new grocery store just a few miles from our home, Swensen's. The hours there are the same as her church internship so she most likely will have to let her grocery clerking job go.

Dad is putting a white decorative fence up at the Rosenof rental home. He just cut through the new renters phone line- (thinking that it was a tree root), whoopsie. Not a good way to say "welcome to the neighborhood"! They don't have a cell phone either. They've got their house fixed up real cute already, she took me through it the other night, she is so proud! They both seem to be ambitious and appreciative. They love the view of the south hills.

Our new Apple computer is starting to settle in with us, my brain hurts from all of this thinking. I also just intstalled a new version of Quickbooks, so the learning curve is very high for me. We still have our old computer set up and running right next to the new one, it's "on call".

Johanna and Tyler are in Moscow this week-end, attending a wedding of one of Jo's college friends. They will come home Sunday afternoon. Jo is going back to school! She wants to add to her teaching degree, so that she can teach school throught the 8th grade. She seems to be happiest when she's busy, and that she will be.

The weather here has been unsettled, yesterday I had my heater running, today it's the air conditioner.

Dad got all of his first crop of hay and triticale harvested lat week, it was put into the white plastic bags. Now our farmer is planting our second crop, silage corn.

Today is Jesus Day in Twin Falls, also, national day of prayer. Several local churches are providing worship music this afternoon. Dad is playing bass and singing for that.

Last night we had our monthly card party here, it was sooo much fun. Tim Carroll and I were the Champions!

We've taken the boat out 2 times this year so far. Johanna is our motivator, no matter if it's cold and windy. She just loves to water ski!

I've gotten a home on Pensacola Beach rented for the day's around Sharon's graduationand Willie's 50th birthday in December. It will be a very nice and special time for our family.

May God Bless you all and keep you very safe.
love ~mom~

No comments: