Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Congratulations Julia!

Hi Everybodie!

The graduation was fantastic! We feel so honored that Julia was able to attend Lighthouse Christian School for 5 years. The kids that attend there are so loved, blessed and prayed for every single day! I couldn't imagine a better way for her to spend her high school years. The church (where graduation was held) was a packed house, standing room only. When Julia walked into the room she became weak-knee-ed, knowing that she soon would be giving a speech in front of all of those people! Fortunately her and Ambur were co-valedictorians and had written their speeches to be given together as one, WHEW! They did a great job, it was funny and spiritual all together. Pastor Brian gave the talk. Soooooo it's official, Julia is "OUT OF THERE".

We now have her graduation party this Sunday to focus on. It is a holiday week-end, so I'm not expecting a real full house. I'm planning to get several 6 foot long sanwiches, with lots of other stuff, (hopefully Jo will make her watermelon boat), the cake is ordered at Costco. After all this graduation stuff is over, I think that we will try to take a vacation, (if I have any energy left).

Dad and I were in Boise for 3 days last week for Julia's State Track Meet. THAT was an ahh-some experience! There were 100 high schools from all over Idaho represented there. It was held at Boise State University's Football/Track field. It reminded me of the Olympics! There was so much going on, on the field at all times. It was really hot in the sun, but so worth it. There was a parade of athletes one evening, they kept on marchiing onto the football field until the field was entirely filled up. There were official announcers/commentators all the time, kids receiving medals too. What a great air of excitement. The Lighthouse School boys team took 3rd place overall for their district. Julia was the only one of the four girls on the team, (who got to go to State) that got any points (2), she made it into the finals for the triple jump, and placed 7th overall. We were so proud of her!

Grandma gave her final piano recital last Sunday, she invited Julia to play as "Guest Artist", we were all there including David Meza and Ambr. I think that it was pretty sad for grandma, but it is time for her to move on into retirement. 60 years teaching is a long, long time. She plans to keep teaching 1 adult student in the future.

We got our sidewalks and patio "slab-jacked" last week. They had settled up to 6" in some places, now everything is back up at the level that it was when we moved into this house. What a great difference it has made!

As all of you have noticed, we got our new Apple computer last week. All we know how to use so far is the photo booth, what a blast! Today Larry Bryan is coming to install Quick Books and Dairy Quest and give us a tutorial. The iMac is very amazing! Dad has been looking at the presentation of the iphone given on the Apple site by Steve Jobs, we have watched it several times, in total awe!

Our renters in the Rosenof house have moved out, we have cleaned up the place, (it was a horrible mess). We had it painted on the inside, the carpets shampooed. The last renter left two mama cats with 10 kittens, yikes. Dad replaced all of the plumbing yesterday, it took him all day, and it works, no leaks anywhere! He was a happy guy. I placed a rental ad in the paper last week, we have had hundreds of calls, people are desperate to rent this house! One guy brought me 6 Azalia plants for my garden as a bribe. It turns out that they are the ones we chose to rent to. (BRIBE'S DO WORK) I stopped answering the phone, it was tooo overwhelming. The new renters will move in on the 1st of June. It's an older couple who have her elderly mother living with them.

Mindy is expecting again already, Kaiden is 7 months old and Tristian is 20 months. They will be finished with their family in a real hurry at this rate. Allie had her baby girl 1 week ago, (born one month early, and only 3 hours of labor) it had jaundice, but weighed almost 7 pounds. They are both doing well now. Nolan and Amy bought a travel trailer last week to take up to Pine.

It is one year now since Beppe passed away.

I've been working on lots of Sudoku's lately, I'm getting really good at the hard ones, I rarely need to look at answer's in the back of the book any more, (Louis gave me lots of pointers when I was there in March). My book of 500 is almost full, (I could use a new one for my birthday), in case any of you need suggestions. I want to make sure that I don't get Alsheimer's.

I'm glad that you're birthday was special Shannon! Congrats!

I love and miss all of you ~mom~
buh-bye

No comments: