Royalty once again for Julia. She was the queen tonight at the prom, her date, Zach was named king. She got picked up in a red corvette!! WOW! Congratulations Julia! (Zach even brought a rose for me)!
She had a disaster with her hair though. After sitting for 1 1/2 hours in a beauty salon getting her hair done in an up-do, she came home took it all out, washed her hair, and Johanna and I re-did it for her, really cute, (in only 20 minutes). The stylist did a horrible job on her hair, I called to complain to the manager, it was a nightmare come true... Julia also got stepped on by a stilletto while dancing, it stabbed on her insole and then slid all the way down to her toes. Ouch! What a roller coaster day for her.
Also, while I was helping Julia put her formal dress on I discovered that she has her belly button pierced!!!!!!!!!!! What do you think of that?????????????? hmmmmm She thinks that since she's 18 she can do what she wants. hmmmmm Louis, did you give her permission? She shure didn't get it from us, nope, no way Jose.
Dad did well at his gig at the Jerome Fair grounds. He sang and played guitar/mandolin for 1 1/2 hours with Marla Garrett and 2 other ladies from our church. They even got paid. I only got to see the last 4 songs, as I was home helping Julia thru her disaster. Watch for dad's name in lights some day, you all can say that you knew him when......
Too much excitement for me these last days. Whew, I'm worn out.
Johanna was on a dinner date with Tyler tonight.
Dad and Jo did vet check this morning.
Happy Birthday to Derek! That's a pretty fancy bike you got from Sharon. It doesn't go too fast does it? I hoping that it doesn't go over 5 mph. What are you and Rob doing in the photo? Thanks for finally updating the blog Poppell's.
I mowed the grass today for the 2nd time this year, it is soooo nice to have it all greened up again. We have hundreds of red tulips blooming in the yard and along the driveway now, I love them!
G-ma and papa are in Quincy, WA visiting Uncle Jess and Aunt Corrine this week. Uncle Jess is in very poor health and getting weaker every day.
Jo has been doing lots of yard work at her home lately, she planted her whole back yard into grass. Next week she will start painting her house, she has some purty colors picked out there. She and Tyler have organized a co-ed church softball team, Jo is the contact person and Tyler is the coach. No games yet, only practices.
TA TA for now ~mom~
3 comments:
Congratulations, Julia. I'm so proud of you!
julia pierced her belly button???? i don't even have mine done! that is not fair... guess i better jump on the band wagon too - maybe mom can come along with me :)
Whew-eeee Sharon, lets think of some other mother daughter outing. My belly button is pretty just the way it is already!
Post a Comment