





well, it's us finally :) things have gotten pretty busy around here lately, although, with what, I don't really know. It seems like lately we have had no extra time for things such as posting blogs, but I really don't know what else has been taking up our time. I guess tax season was busy and i recently had a couple of big papers due, but other than that not a whole lot. I guess just a hodge podge of things.
So, as many of you know, our friend Kristin moved in with us on Monday. Her husband is in the military and is now stationed in Jacksonville (about 5 hours from here) and since she is a teacher, she wanted to finish out the school year so she'll be with us until the end of May. So far so good :) She is the one in the picture by herself.
As Jo requested in the last blog, my job is going good. I am feeling a lot more comfortable with what I do now. I still get thrown into things that I have never done, but it a good way to keep learning. Along with the normal taxes and financial statements, I do a lot of organization of files (the new partner, Patrick, is really my main boss and he is kinda revamping some of the systems for better organization on the computer as well in the hard files - there are indexes for everything and then i take the file and make it line up with the index....) I am learning a whole lot - I still don't know if I'll ever know everything about taxes and such but I like it. We got the 17th off to celebrate the end of tax season (I ended up writing a paper that day :( and we also got a tax season bonus! woohoo!
Derek is enjoying his motorcycle - last weekend him and a few of his friends went up to florala to ride motorcycles and 4-wheelers. They had a really good time i think. Don't worry too much though - Derek is sure to always wear his helmet and his goggles and other safety equipment.
Yesterday it was his big quarter of a century old birthday!!! old man! we did not do a whole lot as I had a dinner to attend for the college of business and derek had softball practice. I believe we are going out to dinner tonight for it though. He also mentioned that some special parents called too :)
I have some very surprising news to share with you all too!! I am married to a genius!! (no, I did not get remarried - I am talking about Derek believe it or not!) Kristin is studying to be a guidance counselor and she had to practice giving IQ tests so she practiced on Derek and I. I took the test first and did it pretty fast and scored a 140 (which is in the top 10% I think so pretty good if I do say so myself). After me, Derek took the test and took much longer, but he scored a 141!!! isn't that great! my husband is smarter than me! Maybe that is why he wins all the arguements... hmmm.... but i did it much quicker....If I would have taken my time, I might have done better.....just kidding :) I'll be a good loser if i have too.
I think that is about all the big news we have down here - we are leaving on our cruise in two weeks and we are soooo excited!!! We also just booked tickets to go to Idaho the 3rd full week of August (I believe the 18th to the 25th) so we get to see most of you pretty soon!
Good luck on the prom queen tonight julia!! I know you'll do great! Also - congrats on getting into SPU!
L&S (and H) we are glad to hear you are liking Cali! I wish i had a lemon tree in my back yard (so what happens if your lemon tree doens't produce lemons??? do you call it a lemon lemon tree??? hehe)
happy three month anniversary to jo..... do you celebrate once a month, or just quarterly??
love you all!
2 comments:
Nice bike there Derek, you do have a helmet don't you? We must keep you safe.
Thanks for the update Sharon. So glad that tax season is over now for you. love ~mom~
Happy Birthday Derek and nice bike!
Post a Comment