Friday, April 27, 2007

Tank Heaven for Little Grills

Hello All, I saw that phrase on a signboard in Boise, cute.

Bon Voyage to Sharon and Derek who leave on their cruise May 10th. We will have fond (jealous) thoughts of you while you are vacationing.

We received news that our Europeon relative's have cancelled their trip to America today. Baukje is ill in the hospital, we are so sad....

Johanna and Tyler are in Sunnyside, WA this week-end, he is selecting some cows for his boss/cousin. Jo still has a bad cold that she cannot shake, she has had it off and on for several months.

Dad, Jo and Julia are painting Jo's house. The colors (3) are very nice and complimentary. Her grass is starting to sprout. Dad planted 25 trees and plants in her yard. Dad has had a bug for planting trees all over this spring. Hopefully they survive our summer heat. Dad has also been tearing out trees, in places where he dosen't want them, such as on ditch banks or pushing over fences. So....some trees go in and some go out.

Julia is busy getting her graduation announcements ready to send, it is a huge project, all over the dining room table. They need to go out next week. We are planning a party here at our home on May 27th in her honor.

I am nearing completion of Julia's photo albums!!!!!!!! I am now into her senior year, a few more days and I will be done!!!!!!!! I'm bidding on e-bay for another album for her. The ones that I've used for all of you kids are now retired, so I must now buy from people who have overstocks.

Our schedule will be very busy for the month of May, lots of weddings/showers/graduation celebrations and other end of school year stuff.

Julia really wants to attend SPU, she has been accepted and received some good scholarships. It's a huge decision to make.

I forgot to mention earlier, dad and I are godparents! Our neighbor and son came over last month and asked if we would be her son's godparents. They are joining the Episcipal Church and her son (Jimmy) was getting baptised. We went to the service several weeks ago and stood up front with them. Jimmy is 11 years old. His dad died 2 years ago from cancer. We were quite honored by this.

My allergies are bad, I've had one shot, I plan to get another next week, then I should be good for the rest of the season. My eyes are itchy and I'm feeling a bit miserable.

Julia leaves at 5:30 tomorrow morning for a track meet in Horseshoe Bend, (north of Boise). It will be a long day for the team. We won't be going cause dad is playing in the band this week-end. So far we've made it to all of her track meets. I'm the track mom who lines up parents to bring snacks and drinks to each meet.

I've been picking asparagus on my walks lately. Tonight I got a grocery sack full. I want to steam it tomorrow for dinner and put a white sauce on it. yummy!

My hunt for a rug for the living room goes on. I keep bringing rugs of different materials and colors home. We haul them into the house, try them for a few days, and then haul them back to the store. These are big rugs (8'x10'). So dad and I are getting quite the work out. I went through the same thing with sofa's, some decisons are excruciatingly difficult. Dad wishes that I weren't so picky, (I think that he's just as bad). But, it's just really important to me that I get things that are just right since I will have them for many, many years. I think that it's worth the effort that I put forth. Plus, we've got stories to tell now, aaaand a healthy workout.

May God Bless you all and Keep you Safe ~mom~

No comments: