Friday, March 02, 2007

A Visit with the Governor...

Hello everybodieeeee!
Yep, that's right dad and I were at a Legislator's Banquet last night in Boise and Idaho's governor was there. We shook his hand and visited with him for a bit. We feel so important. We stayed in a hotel for one night and made it a mini-vacation. (our hotel room wasn't so special, the carpets were real stained and dirty, we even found mouse droppings in our bed)! (a priceline disaster, we did get free breakfast though).

Other big news is that we bought a sofa set today! Finally, after all of the searching in Boise we decided on a set here in Twin, bought from a guy that we go to church with! It's a Natuzzi leather collection, hopefully it will be here in 2 weeks. I'm VERY happy to have that decision made. Now I want to with my decorator friend at another furniture store in town to get accessories.

We filed and paid our taxes for this year yesterday, a much smaller amount due that last year, thankfully. Farmer's have to pay tax on March 1st.

Julia is playing her piano quartet songs tonight for the judge, (she just got back, they got a superior on their songs)! Tomorrow night is her Senior Recital, she's been practicing like crazy. I pray that she will do her best, we are soooo proud of her. Her songs are very advanced and big major arrangement, her talent is just amazing! This project has been super time consuming for her. Next week-end is the official Festival, after that she can relax and feel normal again. Her and dad are doing a vocal/piano/guitar duet, (Scarborough Fair), pretty special.

Tommorrow morning, Auntie Carolyn is getting married, in her house. I'm playing the piano. She is serving a meal afterwords, she is expecting 40 people.

A few weeks ago one of my highschool classmates sudddenly passed away, after the funeral, 10 of my classmates and myself got together and visited for 3 hours afterwards. It was so good to see lots of my old friends, although the occasion was unfortunate. I graduated from Hagerman High in 1977 with 32 kids in my class.

We're having a new well drilled by the old Rosenof house, they are having to drill deeper than expected (200') and the entire well will have to be cased, because it keeps caving in. Bummer, that will cost all the rental money that we've earned on that house for the year. Sometimes it's better to be a renter than an owner.

Grandma's birthday party is coming up at the end of March, Aunt Donnna, my cousin Andy and his wife Sue are coming from CA for the celebration. Shari and Larry are coming from Michigan. My childhood friend and family are coming from Boise too. Grandma is looking into renting a dinner cruise boat for the night after her party, it runs out of Hagerman on the Snake River.

Last Sunday Robbie threw a birthday party for Ellie, she is 32 now. It was at Idaho Pizza, Robbie treated for everyone! He brought a cake and roses. He thought of everything.

I've been making progress on Julia's photo albums, I think that I will have them finished in time for her graduation party! Yippee! It's looking like she will have 3 big albums, I don't know why, the rest of my kids had two albums for their first 18 years. Maybe it's because she is the youngest of 4 children like I am, my mom only put 4 photos in my album, I really made sure that that didn't happen to Julia, by a looong shot. I guess that my mom didn't enjoy putting together albums like I do.

We're so excited for you Shannon and Louis! What a neat adventure you have to look forward to in your lives. I really can see the hand of God working in all of your situations. What a blessing. Henry will be 7 months in only 3 more days, amazing.

I've changed our flights from Seattle to San Jose since Henry's baptism has been postponed. It was simple change with no extra fees incurred! We are looking forward to seeing S and L's new home, (at this point they are too). We never ever thought that one of our kids would be living in California, for that matter, Florida either. WOW!


We've had lots of snow in the last few weeks, it feels like we're going back into winter rather than heading into spring. Our weather was so warm a few weeks ago, it gets confusing here in Idaho. We really can't tell which season it is by looking outside.

May God Bless and Keep All of you Safe in the Hallow of His Hand.
love ~mom~

No comments: