Hello All,
Dad and I are excited for our trip to Mexico!
We meet tomorrow night in Boise with the rest of our group for dinner, stay the night at a hotel and leave early on Saturday. (All on the tab of the United Dairymen of Idaho)! I will need to pay for my flight, but I think that is all. We have paid into this fund for years, it is now great to get something special back.
The dress code came through yesterday on the iteneriary, most of the meetings are suit and tie, with the ladies dressing likewise. Oh my, and I was thinking that it would all be casual. We are feeling so important to travel and meet with so many government officials. I'm glad that the trip will be planned out each day, no surprises or last minute decisions. I think that we are traveling in a group of 9 people, we know all of them, and feel comfortable with spending a week with them.
Johanna leaves this week-end for a ladies retreat, she is going with several friends. She is back into her usual routine, after returning from Florida. Feeding the baby calves and hostessing at the Garden Cafe.
Julia is all done with volleyball. Her season ended quite well, they won more games than they lost, but did not win a bid to go to the state tournament. Sad to have it end, it really kept us busy.
At tomorrow's football game, Julia and some other girls are singing the national athem. Hopefully dad and I can attend the beginning of the game before leaving town. She has baked two pumpkin rolls to sell at a bake sell at the football game, they make the house smell so yummy and cozy!
Next week-end Julia and her friend Ambur are traveling to Nampa to spend a few days on the college (Nazarene) campus there, to get a feel of what NNU is like.
We got some more memory installed into our computer today, it was running soooooo slooow. I can already tell that everything is responding much faster already. I kinda seems like we got a new computer w/o all of the hassles.
Dad got his hay shed finished!!!!! Except for some minor finish work. Now Mike Werner can start stacking hay in it. Dad was so consumed with that project, he is glad to have it finished b/c of our trip. At Thanksgiving all of you will have to tour the famous "hay shed". It actually looks like a project that would need a large contractor to build it, but we have Willie and his expertise and motivation. He missed lunch several days, he just couldn't break away. Well, I'm glad that it's finished and that he is all in one piece. He's safe now until the next big undertaking.
Well, I get to start packing tonight! The weather in Guadaljara is in the 80's. We're both taking our swimsuits, however, I don't think that we will be near a beach.
Love and prayers to all of you ~mom~
No comments:
Post a Comment