Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Mall Therapy"

Hi Fam,
I took myself a quick little trip to Boise on Monday all by myself. I was feeling overwhelmed by the mountain of dirty clothing, the unwashed dishes, and then I knew what I needed, "Mall Therapy"! I got a cheap-nice hotel room on Priceline and off I went. I didn't pack anything, just grabbed my make-up bag, a clean pair of undies, my toothbrush, that was it, I traveled light, no muss no fuss. It was a great time, I got serious about my Christmas/Thanksgiving shopping, most of it is finished now. I spent $20 on food for 3 meals, what a deal.
Julia had a volleyball game in Hagerman on Tuesday night, so I planned my trip home to be able to stop a g-ma's and papa's for dinner before the game. Lighthouse got clobbered by the Hagerman Volleyball team, their spikes were hit as hard as bullets, it was nasty. I was so proud of our team, they hung in there and did their best!

Tomorrow night is Senior night for Lighthouse, thier last home game, it will be a happy/sad thing.

Dad has been working furiously on his new hay shed, he is building it all by himself, with just a little help from Bulmaro and Juan. Ask him about it, he is very proud of how it's turning out. Hopefully it will get finished up by next week.

Johanna just got home from Pensacola tonight, I haven't seen her yet, she says that she is very tired, I think that the Poppell's/Dutch wore her out. Now it's back to reality for her, she will be back to working her 10 hour days tomorrow. We're anxious to hear of all her adventures in Florida. She says that she wants to get a Boxer dog now! Maybe Dutch ll ?

Louis, we will certainly keep you in our prayers while you are in China, Hong Kong and Korea. I feel concern about the situation in North Korea. I will trust that God will keep you extra safe in His care for those two weeks. It's a 17 hour flight, hard to imagine!

Dad and I leave for Mexico on Oct 21 staying through the 28th.

Oh, by the way, my laundry is all washed and dried, now I have a mountain of clean, dry clothing to fold and iron, my project for tomorrow.

Love and prayers ~mom~

No comments: