Monday, September 11, 2006

I Love Baby Henry, He Is So Very Sweet!

We are safely home again after spending one week in Seattle. It was a great visit. It is a wonderful thing to have a grandchild, he is so precious, I love him so much. He is a very good snuggler, I already miss holding him. He is a very easy baby, cries (loud) when hungry, his burps come up quickly, he seems very relaxed and easy going, what a blessing.

Shannon and I worked on Henry's birth announcements, they are mostly mailed out now. They are beautiful, Shannon is a very talented person. You should all be receiving your announcement within the next few days. We had an assembly line going with the cutting, trimming, tying bows and attaching the photos. It was a fun project to do together. I passed some announcements out tonight at Julia's v-ball game, everyone agrees, he is the most adorable baby.
On Monday, (Labor Day) all of us, except dad, went to Alki Beach and walked along the ocean shore, it was a nice sunny day. We stopped for lunch at Duke's Chowder House. Shannon and I took lots of walks around Green Lake, Louis came too a few times. I found the blackberry patch near Louis' home, there never was enough to make a blackberry buckle, but I did find enough for me to eat. My fingers were purple all week! Friday afternoon, Henry, Shannon and I week to Cypress to visit Louis, he had the biggest smile when he got to show Henry to all of his co-workers. On Saturday morning after the fishermen were back we got together with Jen and Roth for a brunch at the Blue Moon Cafe. Saturday night we all went to my cousin John Koopman daughter's wedding in Enumclaw-Auburn. It was a great time, especially for me to see alot of my relatives again, some I hadn't seen for 15 years. Even Henry danced for the first time with dad and I!

Sunday morning at 2 AM dad decided that it was time to leave for home, he was worried about his fish not being cold enough. Soooooo we packed up and left at 2:30. There never has been a dull moment with dad, and he came through again. We had plans to see Henry, and S & L once more that morning, but it didn't happen, so we weren't able to say our official good-bye's. So sorry.

Everything was fine at home, the usual disasters at the dairy, so we knew that we were still in business, whew! Johanna did a great job managing once again. Julie is doing so well with her volleyball team. She is listed first in the newspaper write-ups with the most kills (spikes) and often aces (unreturned serves). She plays during all of the games, we are so proud of her. Tonight they won again. They have only lost one set so far this year, they are 4-1, a very good record. Tomorrow night she plays in Murtaugh. Dad has been fliming her games so that she can take the best film clips of her playing and send them to colleges. She's thinking that she may like to play college ball. We shall see what God has planned for her. It's a very exciting time in her life.

This week-end is Allison Koopman's wedding to Bill Gnesa. Shari and Larry come in tomorrow, Jen Prieto and family too. Friday night is a family dinner at Bill's house. So another family wedding this week-end...
I've been busy catching up with the bookwork, mowing grass, laundry and sorting through messes, it will take me awhile to get all of my work done after being gone for 8 days. I'm so glad that we had the opportunity to spend time with our Seattle family, they are so great!
I love you all ~mom~

No comments: