Hello to my family :) So nice to see some new posts on here - it seems as if it had has been a while.... Today, everyone at the bank is (at least was supposed to be) wearing red, white, and blue in honor of Sept. 11 (aka Patriot Day) We were watching the news this morning and they replayed the news from that day - quite disturbing.
On a light note though - it's already September. I went shopping this weekend and many of the stores were already carrying Christmas items! I couldn't believe it. I was going to start my Christmas shopping (gifts not decor) this weekend but only did the looking, no buying yet. Now our exchange list is posted as well! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!
This weekend was another busy one. Friday we went to dinner for our friends birthday. One of the people who came along was in a helicopter accident about 1-2 months ago. There were three people in the heli, the instructor, the pilot, and the navigator - the pilot died and the instructor and navigator (the friend that went with us) survived but with broken backs and shattered legs. It was pretty devastating to hear him talk about, so very sad. It really made me count my blessings.
On Saturday, I went shopping with two friends from work in Destin. It has the biggest designer outlet mall in the nation which of course we hit :) Saxon and Clay came and visited us for the weekend to watch the Nascar race on Sat. night. (They don't have cable and this particular race was on TNT or something) On Sunday, Saxon and I went shopping and I got a few things for some friends' birthdays and baby showers coming up. I wish people would stop having birthdays and babies... They are expensive! But not Henry.... he's a good one, the best if you ask me :)
Last weekend, we had a little mishap in Florala. We took Dutch with us in Clay's new Titan to granny and grandpa Poppell's house and he really enjoyed the A/C on the way there. They live on a big farm so we let Dutch loose while we were there. When Derek went out to give Dutch some water, he couldn't find him but he could hear his panting coming from somewhere so after a few minutes of investigation he heard the panting coming from the truck and not so long afterwards he saw the means of access to the truck. Dutch had climbed up the side of the truck through the open window. SO... now Clay has a new cool design on the side of his passenger door done by the Dutch artist, Dutch, with a new and innovative medium of claws.... stupid dog....
School is continuing to go well. I am considering another career field though - kind of. I think I would like to try consulting (An accounting degree and CPA license is very helpful for this path) A consultant is someone who will look at a company overall and over their financial health and help the company reduce costs and figure out why they are doing poorly if they are and what they can do better, what tax deductions they can take advantage of and basically a cost/benefit analysis of the company. Very interesting work I think, plus it would have more human interaction than accounting itself. I asked one of the CPAs that bank at SunTrust about it and he asked me to bring him a resume so it might be a new job opportunity! We'll see though. I'll be sure to keep you posted!
That's the majority of the news from Pensacola! Oh yeah - there was an earthquake in the gulf yesterday - a 6.0 I guess. Supposedly, some people felt it all the way in North Carolina, but I felt nothing. Who knows... no tsunamis though, that's a good thing, and no hurricanes either - Praise the Lord!
Love you all!
Sharon
No comments:
Post a Comment