Sunday, August 20, 2006

My First 2 Weeks As Mommy

Hi all,
I have a little bit of time to myself before Henry wakes up again for a feeding - hopefully he sleeps long enough for me to get this posted ;). The past 2 weeks have been pretty crazy. I have sooooooo much appreciation and admiration for mothers everywhere... It is so much work to take care of this little guy! Henry's first pediatric appt was wednesday and we were happy to hear that he is very strong and healthy. He has a huge appetitite (which I guess is a good thing) but it's really exhausting feeding him because he isn't satisfied after nursing. We have to supplement with formula which adds extra time to his feedings and is pretty frustrating. I'm trying to be patient and hopeful that I can continue to nurse without switching completely to formula. I had my first day alone with the kiddo on Thursday when Louis headed back to work. I missed him very much... it was soooo nice to have his help the last few weeks and my parents too. It's going to take a bit of time for me to get this whole mom thing down! Louis and I took Henry around the lake this afternoon in the stroller. It was the first time I've walked that far since before delivery and it felt great to get outside :). My goal is to get out and walk with Henry every day next week - wish me luck! I never imagined how hard it would be to leave the house with a baby! It must get easier as time goes on... please tell me it does ;).

Mama B - Thank you so much for the adorable outfits you sent!!! The one that Louis used to wear was especially cute - we'll have to get a pic with Henry in that outfit. We're looking forward to seeing you and Julia and Mr. B in just a few weeks! Johanna we will miss you.

Sharon - You guys were so sweet to send the pizza...I can't tell you how good that tasted when we got home from the hospital ;). Hope you and Derek had a wonderful anniversary! PS - I love that white dress! We miss you both tons.

lots of love,
Shannon

No comments: