Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Yes, They Were as Mad As Hornets

I'm back posting again. I had a BIG problem with wasps yesterday. I was innocently watering my hanging baskets on the patio yesterday when, I was suddenly attacked by swarming wasps. I got stung twice, I was trying to spray them with my water hose, it knocked a few of them down, I stepped on them. After some investigation I discovered their paper nest underneath the picnic table bench. I sprayed them with hornet spray, which knocked them down, I killed them all and destroyed their nest. So, I have witnessed some mad hornets, needless to say that I was mad too. I had to deal with these buzzing insects all on my own, I later showed dad and Julia what had happened, they were quite proud of my winning the war. Dad found 2 more wasp nests on the patio and destroyed them, they had hurt his honey, so then they must die. He is "my knight in shining armour".
We moved Beppe's china cabinet into our dining room on Sunday. I had to clean everything on it twice. Now the wood and glass are polished and look brand new. Beppe's hutch is 1/3 larger than my old one so I have lots more room to display my china and glassware. It is so beautiful, it has two small lights that make everything sparkle and gleam. The old hutch now sits in the game room, I put the antique toys on display in/on it, so, rather than a china hutch it is a toy cabinet. The drawers and cupboards now house all of dads guitar music/stuff so it's out of sight. It really looks nice.
Yesterday I had all of my carpets shampooed, (the annual tradition), he also cleaned the carpets in my van and dads pick-up, (I sewed up a tear on dads pick-up seat too). The carpet guy started at 8:30 and finished at 3, with no breaks. He was like a robot, when he spotted a stain he was all over it. I've had the same guy do my carpets for years, he is so great. I also had him clean Beppe's old loveseat, it's now in Julia's room with an old slipcover than Johannna dosen't need anymore. What alot of work! Now that it's all done everything looks so nice, my carpets look brand new again. Julia and dad helped me move all of the furniture. I want to put Beppe's bedroom set in Jo's old room next week. Slowly I'm getting all of Beppe's stuff out of the Rosenof shed. I took several loads to the Mustard Seed, Annie is coming in October with dad's cousin Willy Bokma, (female) to pick up all of the items that she got from Beppe.

I get to see baby Henry in 8 more days! I have so many things to give him, I think that I will have to save some of it for Christmas. I found Louis' boy scout shirt with all of his badges that I'd sown on years ago. Maybe Henry will use it someday. I've gotten my motel room booked in Seattle, also a rental car, all done on Priceline. Prices are high right now, maybe cause it's over the Labor Day Week-end, (maybe just cause it's Seattle).

This Saturday night there is a Bokma gathering/BBQ at Brad and Adriana's new home. Peter, Jen and new baby Karis will be in town. Also, Jake's fiance' Verane just arrived from Mexico and will be there too, none of the family has met her yet. We are all very anxious to meet these new family members.

Julia started college yesterday; my baby, she really likes it, she says it's quite the same as high school. She has her 1st volleyball game of the season on Aug 31. I wish that all of you could watch her play her senior year.

Jacob Carroll got engaged 3 days ago. Jill is a pretty happy mom! She is very jealous that I got a grandchild before her. That will be her next mission.

It's hard to belive that we're nearing the end of summer. The days are starting to feel a bit fall-ish. Time to start thinking about pumpkin pie, hot chocolate, AND THANKSGIVING, WHEN ALL OF MY CHILDREN WILL BE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL have alot to be thankful for.

Be safe, be well, aaand don't take any wrong turns. the ~mama~

No comments: