Friday, August 11, 2006

I Love Baby Henry....

Louis and Shannon, thanks for the updates on your new life with a baby in your house. Henry seems to be consuming almost all of your time. Hopefully everyday it will get easier and you'll both feel more rested soon. He is the most beautiful baby ever, and I'm not being partial at all, it's just the truth! I look at his photos and video's several times each day. You both seem so very happy, you'll be wonderful parents, Henry is sooo blessed. There are so many people already that love him, I can't wait to hold him and kiss him..... I've done some more shopping for Henry... and I'm doing a sewing work for him.

We got home from our annual Koopman camping trip on Saturday night. We had a total of 22 people! Snicker's came too. We had a double campsite reserved for 3 nights, the usual one that we get every year at Dog Creek. Some of our group stayed at the motel, me, (I had lots of dirty evening visitors that wanted to borrow my shower). Once again, the food was delicious, on our night dad and I made chicken fajita's and fresh salsa, yum. The water was warm, our new tube was used alot, Mark Koopman and Brent, (Julia's boyfriend) wanted a 10+ ride on the tube, dad was having a great time driving for them, the tube was airborne often, wheee. Mindy, (7 months pregnant) and 5 year old Caitlyn even had a tube ride! I was reminded that camping is dirty, alot of work, fun with family, good food and did I mention dirty? I'm still doing laundry, but it's worth it to get my side of the family together once a year.

A crop duster sprayed our corn this morning for stripy bugs, (they eat the corn silk). He started at 7:30 and flew so low that the plane just cleared our chimmney, it certainly did disturb Julia's beauty sleep. vroom

We found a bunch of old farm toys at the new farm, we cleaned them up and will put them on display in the game room. Henry can play with them when he visits. They are really neat rare toys, and in quite good condition. What a find!

Dad left the end gun running on the pivot last week when it came by the house, as there was some corn that wasn't getting enough water, well, the end gun shoots out like a power hose and it got my house/windows wet. I waited till it had gone by and went out to wash the windows, well, I didn't wait long enough b/c I got sprayed and so did the windows again. That isn't going to happen again! nope! Especially since there is sometimes green/brown water running through the pivot. yucky, stinky. I'm usually a good sport about living on the farm, but that day I wasn't participating.....

Ryan and Mindy are going to housesit for us while we are in Seattle. They have been living with her parents, so are homeless. They would like to buy a home, but prices are very high right now. They are excited to have a place of their own for a week. I'm trying to book a flight for Jo and Julia so that they can see Henry for a few days too.

Tonight, Rhonda and I are giving Allison Koopman a bridal shower. We will be serving a light meal there, we are planning on approx. 20 people.

Ta Ta for now, love ~mom~

No comments: