Hi everyone,
Jo and Julia - so good to hear from you girls on the blog! Johanna I'm soooooo excited to see the new digs - congrats on the new place! Julia, must hear more about the new cutie you're dating - sounds like you're enjoying the summer ;)!
I had my weekly appointment yesterday... everything is still looking good. This baby is baked and ready to come out of the oven!!! The waiting is driving me crazy. I'm trying to keep busy with friends and books and housecleaning but it doesn't make the waiting any easier. On top of that the temps are warming up again (90 degrees this weekend!) - there is nothing worse than being hot when you're 9 months pregnant. Right after my check up yesterday my doctor had to rush to the hospital to deliver someone else's baby - I'm hoping I'm next in line.
Unfortunately I pulled a muscle in my left leg last week, so walking has been really hard for me. It's really frustrating since walking is one of the best things I can do right now. I am barely able to hobble around the house. The swimming seems to be helping a little, hopefully my leg will get better in the next few days. I miss walking around greenlake with Louis after dinner, it's one of my favorite times of day.
Louis and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary last weekend. We went to Alki beach on saturday morning and stopped at a really cute cafe for breakfast. I had the cinnamon roll of my dreams - it was dripping with cinnamon-sugar and it was seriously the size of an entire plate! We took a long walk on the beach and then stopped by Salty's to pick up a complimentary white chocolate mousse cake. It was a mini version of our wedding cake - they sent us a card a few weeks ago saying congrats and offering to make a cake for us. We went out to dinner that night at the Cactus Restaurant where we had our very first date. It was a really fun and relaxing day. On Sunday afternoon we went to the Ballard locks to see the boats passing through the puget sound to lake union and lake washington. There are beautiful flower gardens there too and you can watch the salmon runs (thousands of salmon returning upstream to spawn). Louis has some cool pics to post. We'll have to take you guys to the locks next time you come to visit.
This weekend will be pretty busy. I'm helping out with a bridal shower on saturday for my friend Kryssa. Somehow I got roped into making strawberry tarts...wish me luck on that ;). Saturday night my friend Julie from bsquare is getting married so we're hoping to make it to the wedding (depending on how well I'm feeling) - it will be at a beautiful french manor in Snohomish, WA.
Well that's about all the news from here. Hopefully by next week you'll be getting THE call from us!!!!
We love you all,
Shan
No comments:
Post a Comment