So it seems like a long time since I have talked to any of you - except for Jo, who I briefly talked with yesterday (Sorry for not calling you back...)
Life in Pensacola continues to be busy. Tropical Storm Alberto passed through Florida and completely missed us, we didn't even get any rain which we DESPERATELY need! It's a bad thing when we hope that the hurricanes come close enough to bring us some rain!!!!!
The first summer term for school is almost over - hip hip hooray!!!!!! this week i had two tests - on in accounting and then one tomorrow in economics. next week i have a test in calculus - uhoh! lots of studying to be done this week.
Derek and I have recently joined a running club - I have been going for about a month and Derek's first time was last night. The running club is associated with McGuire's Pub - which most of you have been to, all but Louis and Shannon. Anyway, it's about 3.4 miles and there are about 250 members. After you get back from the run, the runners receive $4 pitchers of beer (and they have a really good rasberry wheat ale that they make there) and also soup (and water if you want it :) Anyway, what I was going to say about this, Derek has never ran 3 miles in his life and I have been doing this for about a month now and he ended up running the whole run in 32 minutes, where it takes me about 38 minutes!!! I was so mad, but I think he's willing to push himself further than me and he's in good shape anyway. So that's the story of last night. I'm pretty proud of him though :) Hopefully he'll start coming consistantly - it's a very pretty run cause it's right along the water. Ya'll should come down and join us!
This weekend Derek and I ar joining Dave and Paige in Atlanta. Dave has a conference there for his work and they asked if we wanted to go up there for the weekend and go to Six Flags and Atlanta Fest (which is kinda like Rock the canyon, but at Six Flags - Casting Crowns is going to be there the day we go, plus a few other smaller bands). We are headed up there on Saturday early so we can get there at 10 which is when the park opens. We are staying until Sunday afternoon. We followed mom's fine example and went on priceline.com for our hotel room - we ended up getting a 4 star for only 75 dollars. I think we could have gone less, but Derek doubted the power of priceline... We are still pretty happy with the deal though. I think we are going to get to go to the Cheesecake Factory too - yummy!!
Father's Day is coming up - I haven't forgotten Dad! But, your card and gift my be a little bit late, I think I am going to send one package for Jo's birthday and for Father's day so save on shipping (and because one of your presents hasn't gotten in yet so I can't send it yet anyway....)
Julia should be home soon from Arizona - I'm excited to hear about her experience, I'm sure she had a good time.
Shannon and Louis - your days of freedom are slowing dwindling. Are you still able to get out and do stuff??? Shannon, I hope your swelling has gotten better and that you are able to enjoy your pregnancy, what an exciting time for you guys and for us too! As soon as he is born let us know and send lots of pictures!
We have booked tickets for Thanksgiving. We are flying into Vegas, Seattle is only seasonal for Airtran and Thanksgiving is not it's season and then we figured it could be a bad thing to fly into Colorado and then drive through all those mountain passes so Vegas was the best option. If we can find cheaper plane tickets from Vegas to Boise, we may fly there but as of now we are driving. Southwest doesn't have tickets available for that time yet so we are waiting on that. We'll be sure to let you know, but we are coming for turkey day so save some for us!!!
Love and hugs and kisses to all!!!
Sharon rose
No comments:
Post a Comment