Wow, that's great that you got your car back Louis. After so much time had passed I assumed that it would be totaled, I kept on praying. I can picture you and Page's discussion with the mean lady....I think that she just wanted to keep your car and charge you double for each day that it was in their lot. What an adventure! Although one that you would happily have lived w/o. The stories you will have to tell your children.... I'm praising God that no one was hurt, just the car. Our insurance agent said that cars are stolen even with a club, it just slows them down.
Full comp insurance was always twice as much as just liability when I checked last. Derek seems to have the far best deal, can you come review my insurance coverage Derek? I'm thinking that you can save me a boat load of money. Let's make an appointment, oh yea, you live in Florida, darn.
Well, dad and I had our own excitement last Saturday while burning ditches. The fire got big and seemed out of control, dad called the fire dept, they sent out 4 trucks with their sirens going, we could hear them 5 miles away. By the time they arrived the fire was under control. How embarrassing. Well, better safe than sorry. So far this year I have damaged several gated pipe with the fires that I started, Dave Sommer isn't too happy with me, whoops.
Dad and I had lunch with the Eaton's, Wolverton's and the Broker, Elbert and his wife last Wendesday at the Garden Cafe. We were pretty nervous and felt a bit interrogated, but they were all nice and fun, we all stayed and visited for 2 hours, and left with hugs, so i guess we passed inspection. I was glad when it was over. Dad spent some time at the big house with Mrs Wolverton today, he put in a new smoke detector. That home has quite the security system, we didn't know.
Dad sat with Beppe for 2 hours today, he told her that the nurse says that she is dying, she told him that she didn't have any idea that that was happening to her (nooit van de leven). Hospice is slowing taking her off all of medication, it seems that it would hasten death. Dad talked with Beppe about her and Pete's relatives, she had a hard time remembering alot of them. Dad got out photo albums to look at photos from her younger years. Bob and Annie call alot to talk to dad. Harry should be getting home on Thursday or Friday, then we can chose a funeral home and make final plans for Beppe. Beppe still doesn't want to eat much, I think that hospice will eventually have the aides not feed her at all since there is a no feeding tube contract. Hospice does nothing to prolong death. Beppe dosent' seem strong enough to hold the fork anymore. Anna may be coming to visit soon. Tomorrow Beppe gets a hospital bed in her room.
Julia had another track meet last week, it was an off day for her, she had a sore hip and shin splints. Today she traveled to Wood River High School (Sun Valley), she got two silver medals in both the long and triple jumps. She broke another school record with the triple jump. I don't think that she placed in her other events.
I had my Bible Study Fellowship ladies here for lunch last thursday, it went well. There were lots of interruptions with the door bell. I'm reviewing all of the I-9's for our employees b/c of Pres Bush's new immigration laws. There is a $100 fine for each empty or incorrect blank. So before the guys could pick up their paycheck's they had to bring their green and social sec.cards for verrification. We know of one dairy that has been inspected so far, hopefully ours is missed.
It's a scary time for the Mexican's. May 1st is supposedly the day when no Mexican's go to work, to the stores, they just stay home, so that their importance is felt. There have been protests in Boise too. We'll be sure and stay close to home on the 1st. All of this has hit national news.
Dad and Jo did vet check today. Johanna is feeding calves 2x per day and getting very tired of it. She will indeed be ready for a vacation on May 10th.
I've been picking bags of asparagus, I wish I could share it with all of you. Snickers, Lucky and Holly all help me hunt, they know the best spots. Dad and I had dinner on the patio tonight, it was special. I got a bistro table and chair set to go under the pergola, I had bricks placed on the floor of it. I planted grape plants by each leg of the pergola, I can't wait to have them grow and fill in over the roof. My yard is soooo pretty right now, I'm having fun taking care of it.
May the Lord Bless and Keep you All safe in the Hallow of His Hand, Love ~mom~
No comments:
Post a Comment