Saturday, April 22, 2006

Update on Beppe

Dad and I just got home from Alterra, meeting with the hospice nurse. Depressing. Beppe is just bones with paper skin for covering.
Dad and his sibling need to choose a funeral home, then plan the funeral. The nurse says that death won't be soon. I told her about our trip planned to DC, and what if Beppe died around that time.
She said that the funeral would be scheduled conviently, so that our trip wouldn't be affected. I think that everyone would be fine with that except for dad, it would be very difficult for him to be away having fun if she died right before we left. We must leave it in God's hands.
We sat with Beppe during her lunch, she won't eat unless someone feeds her, and then she took two bites, and said that she was DONE. She is a bit cranky, she dosen't like the hospice nurse either. I have a feeling that Beppe will be slowing starving to death. It's a horrible situation, really tough for dad. It feels like we've been saying good-bye to Beppe for 5 or more years, she just keeps hanging on to life.
Dad and I are going to burn ditches this afternoon, the weather is beautiful!

Grandma turns 74 tomorrow, we plan to visit her tomorrow.

I've been picking wild asparagus for a few weeks, I have more places to pick with the new farm.

Julia is in Idaho Falls at a track meet today, it is a 3 hour drive one way, she had to leave her school at 6:30 this morning, bummer for a Saturday. Only 10 athletes were taken from her school.
Johanna is training a new calf feeder now, one of the Bryan's boys that lives in the dairy house. We haven't had a good feeder for a long time, hopefully this one will work out better.

Jennifer Prieto had a baby girl on April 7, she came over 1 week early. Her name is Zara Luz! Different indeed.
Erin is planning a surprise 50th birthday party for Rhonda, I don't think that she will like that. Oh, well. Rhonda and John will be vacationing in Victoria on her actual b-day.
Love to all ~mom~

No comments: