Wednesday, February 22, 2006

sick as a dog days....

hi everyone (i hope you all notice my before and after title - wheel of fortune style :) so yesterday, derek and i both stayed home from work sick. (mom - i think we got it from you!) we both have terrible colds so we woke up, decided that we would be useless at work so we both took nyquil and slept for the rest of the day. i had had presidents day off too so i slept a lot on monday as well. i am still feeling a little snuffly and sneezy, but for the most part better. Back to work for us both today... School is going good for me, I have a mid-term test in my literature class today and after i take it, i will have taken a test in every class that i have. I can't believe the mid-term is already here! Time goes by so fast, it seems like the older I get, the faster it goes. weird how that works. So i have some exciting news - Sunday night, I received a solo for one of the choir songs - it is about 3 pages long. I am pretty nervous, I think our worship leader is seeing how much responsibility i can take on. This will happen in the second week of march i think.
let's see what else is going on - this weekend is going to be another busy one for us - we are having a game night at our friends joe & Taras house, then we are supposed to do something with our other friends candice and michael, and we would like to make a trip to florala, it's been a while since we have been there. we're not sure though, we'll see how we feel, it's hard saying no to people though.
last weekend joslyn and rob were here, it's always so nice to see them - our big event with them was going to destin, FL which is a very nice beach town down the road about an hour. there we went to a japanese hibachi.sushi restaurant. it was some of the best food we have ever tasted! we got to watch the chef cook everything and toss the knives and make big fires - jos and rob have never seen that before so a very cool experience. before we went to dinner, we went to an upscale shopping center called destin commons, i would like to go back when i have more time by myself or with one other person, i alwasy feel bad going into girlie clothes stores with boys - they always get so bored and then i feel rushed, so its just better not to do it.
so thats about all the news from florida - oh yeah! bad news for us, la nina is gracing the atlantic with her presence which means "should add some spice to the 2006 hurricane season"
hopefully not too much....
love and miss you all
sharon
shannon & louis - we are still praying daily for you two! keep us posted on how everything is going!

1 comment:

Sean Dietrich said...

Hey,
I was blessed by your blog. Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing.

I am a musician down here in Destin, FL, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don't want to be a pest, I just thought that I'd share.

Thanks,
-Sean
_____________________
www.SeanDietrich.com