Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Feel better soon!!!

My goodness...I hope all you sickies feel better soon! Luckily the cold virus hasn't hit us yet. I'm working from home today and thought I'd take a quick break to say hello :).
Last week was pretty crazy - it was my first full week at Microsoft and I had to be on campus mon-thurs. My schedule has been better this week - only commuting on tuesdays and thursdays now. I'm still overwhelmed, but I'm enjoying being back in the corporate world - which is kind of funny because I didn't think I would miss it.
I have to say, working for Microsoft definitely has its perks. For instance, The Microsoft Cafeteria. It is the most amazing gourmet cafe I have ever seen. There are chefs behind every counter offering every type of food you can possibly imagine. Lunch time is quickly becoming my favorite time of day ;). They also have latte stands on every floor to tempt you with all kinds of yummy drinks & pastries. Everything is subsidized by the company, so food is cheap.
So far, I enjoy working with everyone on my team. My boss just had a baby girl a few months ago so she loves to hear about the progress of my pregnancy and share baby advice :). She has very high expectations for this position, which is intimidating, but I think that I can rise to the challenge.
Things are well with the baby. We're looking forward to my next ultrasound appointment in just a few weeks :)!!! I've been holding back on any baby purchases until we know if it's a boy or a girl. I can't wait to start decorating the nursery! I'm definitely showing now, which is kind of nice because at least it's evident that i'm pregnant - and not just a big girl who's eaten a few too many doughnuts ;).

We miss you guys!

love, shan

No comments: