Saturday, February 04, 2006

News From The Farm

Hi'yall, it's dreary today again, I've got my happy light beaming on me as I write this.

Well, we didn't counter the counter offer yesterday on the Eaton farm. We accepted their counter offer, it was recommened, we didn't want to offend them and have them put it back on the market for full price again. So it's a done deal, we close at the end of March. We have been approached by a loan officer from Rabo Bank, (a new Dutch bank in town), to finance this deal. I think that we will put this loan out for bid with 5-6 fiance companies in town before we make our final decision. Interest rates have gone up twice in the last month, which is a real concern for us.

With the purchase of this farm, we will own over 640 Acres of land. A section is 4 sqare miles, or 620 Acres, it's really big. There is lots of road frontage and corner pieces which is a real plus. It's alot for my mind to comprehend. The large home is beautiful and in a storybook setting, it sits 1/4 mile off the road. It is the big bonus with this purchase.

Dad's decided that I will keep my van, no Nissan Murano for me. It's a want, not a need. There's nothing wrong with my Odessy. It's just going to be hard for me to be a grandma that drives a van. I had hopes to be a classy g-ma. So... "I'm trying to get my big girl panties on and deal with it" :(

Go Seahawk's!!!!!! We're invited to a superbowl party with dad's 4x4 group. I think that dad wants to go, we're really not that sportsy, but it would be a fun atmosphere.

Johanna's Passat just got another new Turbo, (the 4th or 5th one in less than 3 years). The waranty was 20 miles over, however the dealership in town still gave us a new one for free. Whew, that was a tremendous miracle!

Peter and Jenn are going to have a girl, that will be 5 grand daughters for Harry and Flora! Flora is sure that it means that Louis and Shannon will have a boy. I say it's still 50/50. I think that we will find out next month what kind of baby we will be getting in Seattle.

May the Lord Bless and Keep you all Safe in His Arms. love ~mama~

No comments: