Saturday, December 10, 2005

Tamale Pie

Well....Shannon, the recipe I always used was on the box of Albers yellow corn meal. I just checked my box, there is a recipe on the box, but alas it's not the same one that Louis is thinking of, however it does look like it's a tasty one. Lately I've been just making chilli and cornbread separate, (there are some in my house who complain about mixing the two). The way I make my chilli is soooo delicious, I will will list it here:

1 large can S&W Chilli Fixin's (fred meyer)
1 lrg can diced tomatoes
1 can olives, chopped
lots of corn, maybe 1 1/2 cups(I use the frozen kind from Costco)
1 can back beans
1/2- 1 lb hamburger, browned with 1 diced onion (I like less meat)

simmer and season to taste, it's quick, easy and requires only one pan.

Maybe Sharon has the original recipe for Tamale Pie, she was the one who requested it most often. Sharon? I checked in my recipe file and didn't come across it.

Dad had a very busy birthday. He got lots of phone calls with some wonderful singing, good harmonies too. Then he had cantata practice for 3 hours, (he has a solo tomorrow) then we all met at Prisaii's for lunch. Julia then took him to the Narnia movie. Directly from there he went to our creamery Christmas party with Jo and her friend. He hasn't even had time to open his gifts. I took his stinky farm truck to the car wash this morning to surprise him. It was a big strech for me, I sat on a beach towel, drove with gloves, had my nose plug on (I had to keep the heater on low or else dead flies and green dust blew out of the defroster). I had to empty out 4 boxes of stuff(smelly, unmentionable) so that it could be vacuumed. Talk about sacrificial love!

Last night at a friend's Christmas party we had karioke, dad sang, "You're my brown (blue) eyed girl" to me, I was soooo blushing. As usual he is a smoozer, he won the singing dog for his effort. He sang lots of other songs too, I did California Girl, with some of my girlfriends. We did line dancing and regular dancing. It was a wild crazy time, dad loved it. I'm home from my Mustard Seed Party tonight already.
Thanks for the beautiful Christmas card and photo L & S, you guys are so beautiful! All of these first's for both sets of you newlyweds, how romantic.... lots of hugs, love and kisses ~moma~

No comments: