Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Brooks Jeffrey Hyink born June 25th at 10:15pm. Weighing 7 lbs 7 1/2 oz's. 20 inches long. Here's how it went down. Been having minor contractions 30-45 minutes apart throughout the day of the 25th of June. Tyler had a game that night at 6:45, I told him that we were planning on going at 5:30. At 6 I told Tyler to maybe call Tom Hamilton his coach to not plan on him because the contractions were getting a little more painfull and closer together about 10 minutes, 5 minutes, then 15 then 7. Called my midwife around 6:30 she said to get on the big ball if the contractions got painfull. Next contraction I thought why not if it will make it more comfortable. I sat on the ball, and my water broke!! Nice, I had dressed up because the previous plan was to go to the game. Tyler kicked it into go time and put everything together. We drove the boys over to mom and dads, and then took off to the hospital. On the way I thought this can't be right, the contractions aren't bad. Maybe I just peed alot. I told Tyler to grab some dinner for himself cuz it might be a while. We arrived at the hospital around 7:45. I was dilated 3-4 centimeters, when my midwife checked me she did something, and then I started contracting fast about 3-4 minutes apart. The contractions were suddenly painful!!! They put my in the water bath at about 8:15, Tyler was rubbing my back with tennis balls. He was an amazing helper! At around 9:15 called to have mom come. I got out of the tub at 9:45, right when mom showed up. I was then diliated to an 8. The contractions were getting very painful and I felt like it weas getting closer. At 10:05 I thought this was to much, I needed some drugs! So they put in the iv of something to help take the edge off at 10:09. I was having a hard time relaxing through the pain. Getting a little light headed. All the sudden it was time to push, a couple of pushes later he came out at 10:15. Good thing the drugs had time to work, 10:09 to 10:15. He had quite a bit of miconium in his lungs and had to have the tube put down his lungs 3 times to help suck it out. He didn't cry at first, it was very scary. They put him on me, and he was very quiet. He still has a very quiet cry, but somehow I'm sure that will change. He has been eating every 2 hours and sleeping alot. We went home from the hospital around 6:45pm on the 26th. The boys just love having him so far. Bentley loves to see him and hold him. He is very gentle in giving kisses and squeezes. More pics to come, they are on mom's camera.

1 comment:

Louis said...

Awesome Jo! I'm glad everything went well. You have a nice looking family of 5!