Friday, December 11, 2009

Henry Quotes

my two favorite Henry quotes from the week...

While on the way to preschool, surfing radio stations and catching the end of Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time" song...
Henry: "Mama, is that girl singing about time-outs?"
Me: "Um no Henry, I don't think so."
Henry: Oh, well it sounds like she might be in time-out. Mama, maybe she got in trouble."

While running errands this week...
Henry: "Mama, are we going to that mayonnaise store?"
Me: Trying to think of the last time we bought mayonnaise at the grocery store... "Um no Henry, we don't need to go to the grocery store today."
Henry: "No Mama, not the grocery store, the mayonnaise store."
Me: "Henry, I don't know what you're saying... oh wait, do you mean Macys?"
Henry: "Yah, that maaayyyyonnaise store with all the clothes."

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my goodness. How adorable. Mayonnaise Store. :]

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing.....I think that perhaps Henry is a budding comedian.
I really like that Maayyonaise Store with all of the clothes. I will never go there again without remembering this blog!
Thanks Henry and Shannon