Hi all, I've had alot going on in my life so I haven't posted anything since October, I will take things month by month.
October
Johanna got engaged on the 19th.
November
Lots of Wedding planning.
Thanksgiving, Willie and I didn't have ANY of our kids at home, a first! It was different.
December
We took a trip to Pensacola, FL for Sharon's graduation on the 15th. We rented a beautiful beach house on the ocean for 1 week. We hosted Sharon's graduation party there. She graduated as an accountant with top honors. She is now studying to take the 4 CPA exams.
Christmas- we had all of our kids here and little Henry. It was a great gathering and lots of fun.
I didn't send out Christmas cards this year, the first time in 27 years.
We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversay. More wedding planning.....
Shannon and Louis announce that they are expecting another little babe!
January
Busy, Busy with the final wedding plans. Johanna and I did WAY too much on our own. We seemed to have a disaster a day, however, we always did find solutions, sometimes turning out better the the original plan.
The wedding, on the 19th, was a dream come true for Johanna. Tyler is such a great guy! The photos show how fabulous it was.
February
On the 2nd we travel to Lynden, WA for Tyler and Johanna's 2nd wedding reception.
On the 13th we left for a South American cruise! We met with Willie's brother Bob and his wife Adrianna. She was celebrating "being 5 years cancer free"! It was a 15 day Celebrity cruise. We saw penguins, the Straits of Magelan, Glaciers, docked in the most southern port in the world, Ushiua and many other amazing sights. It was an incredible trip! The trip of a lifetime!
Sharon and Derek get a new boxer pup, Socrates.
Willie joins the Ron Paul for president team. We have posters on our grange building.
March
Recovery time. Willie and I stayed close to home and enjoyed a "normal" schedule, which was great! Attended several 50th birthday parties, and a retirement party for some of our friends. I think it's surely a sign that we are aging. (It might be time for us to find some younger friends).
Johanna and Tyler announced that they are pregnant! Wow, she is due at the end of October.
We got two new border collie pups.
April
I am rearranging closets. Since my kids have almost all moved out, I'm getting some empty closet space upstairs. From my own closet, I moved out anything that wasn't shoes or clothing. It looks so empty and organized now, I love it!
Attended several weddings.
Shannon and Louis find out that they're having another boy! Lucky Henry, he is going to have a brother!
Did some redecorating in my bathroom, a new mirror, vanity lights and facuet. It looks sharp!
I got back the wedding photos and have placed them into an album, I've very happy with how they turned out. Ive mowed the grass 2x already.
2 days ago we had a family birthday party celebratiion here, we had 40 people, all relatives. It was a houseful, Sharon did most of the food preparation. We served BBQ'd tri-tip left from the wedding.
We are planning a trip to visit Shannon and Louis soon, hopefully sometime in May.
I'm glad that I've posted, I was feeling overwhelmed since I'd waited so long to post. Now that I've somewhat caught up I will hopefully stay current.
lots of love
~mom~
No comments:
Post a Comment