Saturday, December 01, 2007

Over the River and To The Woods....

Hi everybody, it's the mama and I haven't posted for a month!

We got our Chritmas tree today! Jo, Willie, Snickers and I drove up to the South Hills and chopped down our own tree. We have never done that before, it was great fun. The snow was 6 inches deep and the sun was shining. We also got a smaller tree for Tyler's house. I'll let Julia decorate the tree since she didn't get to go along with us.
Speaking of Julia, she comes home on Tuesday, I'll drive up to Boise to pick her up. We are sooo excited to have her home after 3 months away!
I've gotten all of my holiday decorating done now, I had so much fun making everything look so festive. I used all of my old decorations but in a different way so they seem new to us. I covered the pergola with white twinkle lights, dad thinks that it looks like a spaceship.
Tonight we went to our first Christmas party of the year. Lisa and Erin Detweiler gave a great party in their huge home. We had a great time, Jo and Tyler went too.
We are really looking forward to having our whole family home for Christmas this year. Little Henry will have so much fun seeing all of the toys that we have here, many that his dad played with as a small child.
Our Thanksgiving was quiet, just the two of us. We did go to Rhonda's house for Turkey Dinner, g-ma and papa were there too. Rhonda is an excellent cook, so as usual the meal was delicious.
In just over a week we will be off to Florida for Sharon's graduation! Another big adventure. The calender is full with so many things to celebrate. Johanna almost has her wedding invitations ready to send, they are very nice.
That's all for now,
I love you all
~mom~

No comments: