Saturday, November 03, 2007

Congratulations Tyler and Johanna!

Congratulations to the newly engaged couple Jo and Tyler! Welcome to our family Tyler, you are a great additon to our family! It's neat to see "how in love" you two are, it's also amazing how much you both have in common. It's clearly a "match made in heaven". It's only 10 weeks until the wedding! Wow! I know that Johanna can make it happen, with her organizational skills and stick to it-ness.
I love Pomagrantes!
I have one everynight before bed. Last year I coundn't find them anywhere, this year they are available at Fred Meyer's. YUM!
The fall colors here in Twin Falls are beautifull. Our ash and maple trees have some rare tones of red, orange and gold. We haven't had any wind, so the leaves are staying on the trees longer.

Dad has been pouring 2-3 full loads of concrete each day lately. He is his own contractor, with the help of Johanna, Juan and Bulmaro. He is creating new feed bunks on the Eaton farm. It's his big project this fall. Some days he dosen't even take time for lunch!
Last week at the Dairy Convention in Boise, dad and I won a 50" widescreen DLP Samsung TV!
We are still getting over the shock of it! We have won lots of stuff in the past, but this one is the biggest ever. People near us after the win commented on how "we don't even watch TV". Which is quite true, however, we will find a place for it in the game room. Dad will watch his Planet Earth movies there. Tyler, Louis and Derek can watch their sports too! Now with a large TV, we need a larger entertainment center, the usual of one thing leading to another! I bought a new Entertainment Center a few days ago, it will be delivered next Tuesday. Now I have to figure out a new way to arrange the furniture, rehang decorations, a huge project that I wasn't planning on. We have sorted through our old videos, giving some away, (after being sure that none of them are old family movies). We have been watching some of those old movies from the 1980's and 1990's. Our children are so small with high squeaky voices. It's hard to imagine that those are the same children that we have now, in college, having babies and getting married. It has really pulled at my heart strings, seeming like another lifetime. I'm so glad that we have those videos, they are irreplaceable.
We got the boat winterized and detailed while in Boise last week. It is now tarp covered and tucked away for the winter.
Our Florida trip in December for Sharon's graduation and dad's 50th birthday are coming up soon. Our group there will be small. However, the celebrating will be HUGE! We will have a great time with the one's that do come. Dad will be driving with Sharon and Dutch from Florida to Idaho. The big 3 day trip.
Scary about the earthquake that Louis and Shannon experienced. Good that Louis got his superman powers and acted before anyone else knew what was happening! What a good protector you are Louis!
I never saw any halloween photos of Henry, I'm curious, was he a monkey?
Love and blessings
~mom~

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Henry has been so sick that I just couldn't put a costume on him this year. We bought him a cute tiger outfit but i felt like it would be torture to make him wear it. Poor little guy!!! I think he's starting to come around but this cold really hit hard. He's barely eaten the last few days and he's so light when i pick him up it just breaks my heart. Please pray that his appetite will return soon. Thankfully he is still drinking milk which is giving him some calories.

Sharon said...

thanks for the updates mom!! it seems like everything is coming up so soon. Shannon - we will be keeping Henry in our prayers, I am sad that he is sick!

Sharon said...

thanks for the updates mom!! it seems like everything is coming up so soon. Shannon - we will be keeping Henry in our prayers, I am sad that he is sick!