Clay standing in their loft above the kitchen. Derek chose the color for the inset wall..... it took a lot of convicing for Saxon to allow a red wall in her house. (she didn't actually allow it, clay and derek did it withour her knowledge)
Me and some of the other wives at the marriage retreat this past weekend.
It is clearly obvious, we are destiner for each other.....(this was taken at the marriage retreat)Happy October to All!!!
can you believe it is already here?? only two and a half months until we move to Idaho. It seems like it is far away but 2 and a half months sounds like it will fly by (which I know it will....) Needless to say, we are both anticpating our big move and Derek's career change. It is going to bring a LOT of changes for us, me being out of school and looking for a career, Derek starting his new business, and being in a completely new place (which we don't quite know yet). It will be a bittersweet time as we were slowly getting to like Pensacola more and more each day, Clay and Saxon will be moving into their new home in about 2 weeks, and our friends, who seem closer than ever now, will seem further away after we move. However, seeing all the pictures of Henry getting so big and family enjoying time together we are missing out on important things back on the west coast. We are hoping that being in Idaho will allow us to see everyone more often.
This past weekend, we attended a marriage retreat with some of our friends. It was at a lake house of one of the parents so not only did we get to work on our marriage, but we also got to take advantage of the lake and water ski!! I was very excited as the people with the boat (jackie and robin's dad and friend) both barefoot skiied and used to compete. They said that I had good slalom form (thanks mom and dad) and also gave me a few tips :) We also enjoyed time just floating around on tubes and jumping off a couple of trees that hang over the lake. The part that amazed me most though, is that we were able to do all this in late september with no wetsuits!! The water was warm and the weather was perfect!
As October beings, I have a few things that are changing for me. At work, we hired a new employee so the space became an issue so now, myself and another employee are sharing a desk which means that I have to come in at 7am rather than 8, in order to get in enough time at work. So far it has not been so bad, but I hate feeling like i am being kicked out of my desk every day at noon!! this may change eventually, but for me, it is only temporary so i'll live....
I am starting a bible study tonight called "a woman's heart, God's dwelling place" by Beth Moore. I arranged it all and I was supposed to host the study, but a friend (jackie) is pregnant and she asked if it could be at her house so I allowed her to take over hosting. I am very excited as I always learn so much from these bible studies.
Last thursday, UWF hosted what is called "meet the firms night" where a majority of the accounting firms from around the area go to meet the students - it is kind of like a career fair but only for accounting majors. I went both as a students, as well as an employee. I also won a scholarship for academics too which was very nice.
Let's see... what else is going on.... This weekend I am attending a women's outreach with our church, we'll go in the morning and take part in a few different ministries (some options are going to nursing homes and sitting with the people there, writing notes of encouragement to people within the church, hosting a block party for neighborhoods near the church, or other events like that). after the ministries in the morning, there will be a luncheon rally at the church. I am very excited for this as I have never done anything like this before and I signed up all by myself. So i am trying to be brave and go alone.... I am sure I will know someone there but to not know for sure is scary for me!
Derek has a big motorcycling trip on the 20th of october. This will be his last hurrah with his friends before the state farm traveling becomes intense and we move. He is also planning on selling his motorcycle after this trip.
Our softball team is doing.....okay... we have won one game and lost 2, but we are improving. hopefully our stats will improve this weekend! we are having fun though!
So that is the news from Florida.
Now for my Christmas list.... I haven't given it too much thought yet, but here is what i have come up with so far.
Sharon's Christmas list
1) to gradute college
2) to have visit me in Florida before we leave
3) to celebrate dad's 50th birthday
4) to move to idaho
5) Warm clothing (ie. coats, jackets, sweaters, hats and mittens) we have lived in florida for 3 years with no need for any of that stuff!!
6) Mixing bowls (the nesting kind) preferably glass or ceramic
7) Christian CD's or any other music
8) home decor type stuff, I don't really know what i am looking for though.... it'll continue to give that some thought
9) a new Bible (preferably like Dad's - black leather with the silver sided pages or something that is nice looking, i have seen pink and brown ones that look nice)
10) Christmas piano music
okey doke, i think that should do it. sorry this is also late!! I think mom was the only one on time and then the louis bokma family was close enough :)
Love to all!!
sharon
ps - julia, we'd like to know how things are going in Seattle!!
1 comment:
ooohhh - I love the red! I can't believe how quickly that house went up! Derek's parents must be very excited :). It looks like the marriage retreat was a lot of fun ;)!!!! Sharon, I hope the women's outreach goes well - that's exciting that you're trying something new like that. Derek - have fun on the motorcycle trip :)!
Post a Comment