Saturday, October 13, 2007

Israel shots

These are a few photos from Israel. The middle is Julia and I atop a hill in the Negev overlooking the Dead Sea. The sign by my rt hand is the marker indicating the ancient trail. We mainly were on these, rarely on easy routes.
The lower rt is a group shot on the River Jordan, I'm on the left w/ the belly poking out, Juila 's in the right mid section
Below is mushroom rock which is in the Sinai I held it up as long as I could, then it crushed Mike Smit!!!
The next is Harry, Flora, JCB, and I by an ancient Olive tree~2000 yrs old. They said that these grow 1 foot of girth for 400 years.
The faith lessons accompanied each one of the sites that we visited.
We had a wonderful learning experience that taught us to lean on each other as well as to dig deeper in the text to know real meanings behind Jesus' teachings and actions.
love to all, Dad

2 comments:

Julia said...

thanks for posting these dad! I was wondering when we were gonna get this pictures. Now I can actually prove that I was in Israel! :)
love you,
Julia

Sharon said...

Cool Dad! that was such a neat thing that you guys got to experience!! thanks for sharing the pictures!!!
love you