Hello everybody!
It's been such a long time since I've posted. Something went weird with my account, and I couldn't sign in, but luckily Shannon is amazing and helped me out! Thanks again for that. :)
So, I have been living in Seattle for almost a month now, and am really liking it. Except for the fact that I have only been off of campus fewer times than I have fingers. I really want to get out and see some shows or just go downtown and get to a different setting. My roommates and I have been scoping out shows, and are looking at going to one next Wednesday. The bands that are playing are The Spill Canvas, Dapne Loves Derby, and PlayRadioPlay! I would really love to go do that. I mean, I'm living in a big city where all types of bands come play for relatively cheap, so I might as well take advantage of it.
School is going good. I had my first real collegiate level test yesterday in my psychology class. I think I did pretty well on it. I'm kind of nervous to get my results though..... At least I know what to expect now.
I started volunteering at the ballard Manor, which is a retirement home. I pretty much go there for an hour with two girls named Rachel and Sharin and play a card game called Manipulation, which is like Rummy, and chat with the residents, who are mainly women. It's not much, but it's better than sitting on my bum doing nothing, and the ladies there are pretty crazy, so it makes it interesting.
My hall (1st West) was raided last night by the men of 6th West. A raid basically consists of the guys coming running into our hall yelling their heads off, banging our doors open, and then running to the main lobby, where we are supposed to meet them. They then take off their shoes, and all the girls randomly pick a shoe and find its owner (The owner of my shoe's name was Brad, who is from Yakima, and is very competitive). Then we walked down to Wallace Field and played a weird game where everybody stands in a circle connected by holding a bandana, and there is cardboard box in the center of the circle. You then tried to get the people next to you to either knock down the box or let go of the bandana. Crazy and brutal. It ended up with mainly guys playing. We played ultimate friz next, and that was fun! And that was pretty much the end of the raid.
Anways. I feel like I'm writing a whole bunch. I'm just making up for lost time I suppose.
Here is my Christmas list:
1. Straightener (mine randomly decided to stop getting hot one morning, and hasn't been the same since)
2. Black or brown pea coat(http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=1386&itemID=48004&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=)
3. Brown or black Pumas (http://store.puma.com/pumaUSStore/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=PUMAUS&category% 5Fname=WomensLifestyleFootwear&product%5Fid=30052110&productType=Footwear&mainCategory=Women&shopBy=style&search=1&siteid=1feat=HLAP2.1-07.08.31)
4. Sweaters
5. Gift certificate to the iTunes store
6. White or brown headband/scarf (http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=1209&itemID=48567&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=)
7. Digital camera (although, considering my luck with cameras, something horrible will probably happen to it and I'll only own it for about 2-3 weeks before it dies or disappears)
8. Plane ticket home for a weekend
9. Homemade cookies
10. Money is always gladly accepted :) :) :)
I think that's about it. I hope everybody has a great day!
love you guys,
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment