Sunday, July 29, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

Thanks for posting so much lately guys, I love all the photos and stories!

It's been hot here for a whole month now. Many days getting over 100 degrees, WAY too hot for me. (I don't like it too cold either btw). I'm just a fair weather gal. It was very pleasant at Louis and Shannon's when we were there a few weeks ago. In the 70's with a slight breeze.
Dad has the boat at Lower Salmon Dam in Hagerman again today, Johanna's friend David Veenhouwer is celebrating his b-day there at the river. Dad also invited the Detweiler girls to go along, so there will be lots of people/friends to spend time with having fun. I opted to stay at home, I needed a day off . I don't usually keep up with my family's social life, they like to be way busier than I do.
Last Sunday, we went boating at Lower Salmon and stayed on the river until after 8 pm. Then we went to visit gma and papa. It was a really long Sunday after going to church and out to lunch first. We didn't get back home that night until 10 pm. I'm a water bug, just not as much as them.

Julia comes home from Creation tonight. We're anxious to hear of her experience there. This year she went as a leader, so it will be different having lots of responsibilites there. The weather there is usually over 100 each day, but she loves going. She has been gone so much this summer that we really are getting a tase of what it will be like to have her away at college. Dad and I really like having her around, she adds lots of excitement to our lives.
Johanna is planning to move back home in a few weeks. She wants to save some $, plus we certainly do have the space. I will be glad to have her here when dad and Julia are in Israel for two weeks in September. We will need to find renters for her cute little house soon. She is doing some house-sitting for the next few weeks for a family from church.
Our dog situation has calmed down. It's too sad to write details here, but, Snickers is doing real well now. He is his same spunky self again now. He even sang at the firetrucks again the other day, (it's the funiest thing to hear). It took alot of nursing, drugs and Dr.-ing to get him to this point. He dosent' wear a bandage any more, he will have lots of scarring on his little body though.
I had a big day yesterday, I spent 3 hours mowing the grass, trimming bushes and trees. Then I hosed and soap-scrubbed the garage out, a huge project. I also hosed off all of the sidewalks, driveways and patio. The whole yard is looking nice, neat and trim once again. Dad and Julia hve been helping with the yardwork alot this summer, I so appreciate it!

Last night we went to a wedding of one of Sharon's grade school best friends, Erin Ruhter. Sharon would have loved being there, it would have been like a H.S. reunion for her!
We won't be getting the new (to us) boat for awhile. Terry Mode needs to get himself a new one first. We are very anxious to get our hands on it though. It is a 2004 Centurian, Elite model, red, white and beautiful! Our 1985 Ski Nautique is listed in the paper for sale now. If it gets sold, we will be boatless! Our camping trip is coming up next week, and we MUST have a boat for that. The new boat is fancy schamncey one, with all the toys and whistles. We better have it when Sharon and Derek are here in a few weeks!
I had a gal from our accountant's office out last week to help me work through a few problems I was having with the new Quick Books 2007 program. She helped me alot, now I feel back on track again. I felt in a panic for awhile there, my reconciliations and payroll were quite off. Larry Bryan loaded Office mac on our computer yesterday, it has: power point, microsoft word, excel and a few other options added to our Apple computer. Now we will be able to open attachments to our e-mail, plus lots of other fun things.
Henry will be ONE YEAR OLD next Sunday! I was soooo impressed to get a thank you note from him a few days ago.....smart boy!
Dad and I took some sleeping bags to the laundry mat to wash them a few days ago, it made me very grateful to have my own W/D here, what a hassle. (I did get some frozen yogurt while we were waiting)!
Love and prayers to all of you ~mom~

No comments: