Me and my goodlooking husband and dog (who also helped planning (and funding) my party
My new shoes that my wonderful and tasteful husband bought for my birthday...
And lastly, a horrible picture of myself, wearing my new shirt from Julia and two of my new knives that I got from mom and dad (that i love very much!) doesn't the teal make my eyes look blue???? oh wait, my eyes are shut in the picture..... weird.....
So, as you may have gathered from the pictures, I had a really great birthday this year. On teh 21st, we tubed down the blackwater river with some friends (jackie and robin) and with derek's parents. It was a very nice time, very relaxing and a nice break from work and school. After the tubing trip, Derek's parents took us and Jackie and Robin and our other friend Chrissy (the one in the top picture) out to dinner at Lonestar steakhouse -it was very yummy!On sunday, we went to church and then after church, Surprise!!! They had pulled the wool over my eyes and had a huge pool party at jackie and robins house! they even had a pinata for me. Chrissy made a delicious german chocolate cheesecake and Derek had ordered barbeque pork from the best BBQer in town (one of his clients). All of this on top of the many cards (I think I have gotten abuot 15) and gifts that I have received and phone calls!! I feel very loved and well taken care of. But I am another year older....22! I'm not even old yet and still I wish life would sometimes just slow down and wait for me to catch up!
School is finally winding down but that means the studying is starting to get more intense as finals start this weekend and will go through August 9th. I am very ready for this semester to be over! Fall semester I am only signed up for three courses (although I am considering taking a spanish course.... anything but accounting!) That will free up some of my time to do some more things that I've been wanting to do (such as cooking new things, and trying all the great craft and decorating ideas that I always see in magazines and such) Work continues to get better, the more I understand the more comfortable I feel. I still wish that the office would be a little more friendlike - not that they are not friendly, but everyone seems to be about work, work work!! At first I thought it was because of tax season but it's that way all year long! not that we should stand around and chat all day long, but I don't think anyone knows the name of my dog and most of them probably don't even know Derek's name!!! oh well.... i guess it's only temporary. But i did expand their work life - both of the partners had birthdays in the past week and i brought in cinnamon rolls for one and a chocolate cake for the other. There was no happy birthday sung or gifts exchanged, but I guess it was a first for the office to celebrate birthdays! one small step for normal people, one giant leap in the world of accounting....
anyway - derek is doing well, they are a bit short staffed at his office, they just fired their front desk girl, Christine. We are still waiting to hear from meridian - don't worry, we'll let you all know when we do :) We are both tearing through the pages of Harry potter... I am almost done but it is a hard one to put down! Softball season has started and we are playing co-ed once again, Derek will be co-coaching with another player on the team so it should be a good season. Only 23 days until we are in Idaho!!! and what is this we hear about a new boat???? we can't wait to see ya'll!!!
love from the hot and humid and buggy florida
sharon
2 comments:
hi sharon, guess what I'm posting this using my iPhone. I'm sorry work is so unfriendly. I bet your co-workers appreciate your friendship and will warm up to you after a while. Everyone loves chocolate cake!
Wow Sharon! That is so neat that Derek and Chrissy gave you a surprise Birthday party! How Neat! You have shown kindness to so many others, it's good to have it come back to you on your special day.
I hope that you can bring some life to your boring office by celebrating the bosses birthday's. All work and no play would never work for you! (remember, I know your dog and husband's name)!
Our Rose of Sharon is blooming in honor of your coming to Idaho. By the time you arrive, it should be in full bloom!
Careful with those knives!
I love you ~mommy~
Post a Comment