Well if I didn't already have a headache from my past week of State Farm interviews, I sure do know from trying to figure out how to set up my new Google account. Boy, that was really and truly unneeded...but who am I to judge?:)
Just for a quick update, I have returned home through rain and snow from Winter Haven Florida, where I attended a career understanding seminar for State Farm. It was about a 6 1/2 hour drive to get there so I had to leave Sunday night in order to be up and Derek for the meeting. I don't think I have ever been in a room with so many successful people...EVER. I mean, I've met some pretty important people, but State Farm had chosen the best of the best when it comes to entrepenuruialism. There were many people who had already build large and successful companies from the group up, and had lots of experience and money! The good news is that although I'm middle of the road with both, I fit right in, and even stood out because of all my prior experience with State Farm. Of the 26 people selected to interview, I was 1 of 4 from agents offices, and 1 of 7 from within the company as a whole. So basically I got to rub some elbows with important executives and was paid for the whole thing. Yeah for me! They paid me 44.5 cents per mile to drive there and back, and everything for food & lodging.
On the way home is when I had the real trouble. There were massive thunderstorms throughout all of Florida on my way back, and I happened to drive right through the middle of them all. At one point I was driving on the side of the interstate at 35 miles per hour with my emergency flashers on, because the visibility was so low. I later found out that the storm that I was driving through had just dropped 3 inches of hail at my grandparents house. They cold, but OK. They said it dropped the temperature from 92 down to 70 in less than an hour. The really good news is that god was with me (I let him drive) and we made it home safe, all thanks to him.
Waiting at home I found one very excited wife, and one very let down dog. Well actually Dutch was excited at first, then was let down later when he found out he couldn't sleep in the bed with Sharon since I was home. It was a manly struggle but finally I bit his nose and he gave up to sleep on his own bed.
Well that's all the news that is news for now. Plus I need to go move the sprinkler to the other side of the dried out lawn. We'll talk to you all later!! LOVE YA!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update Derek, (you're still the fun and humorous guy that I remembered), it sounds like your trip to Winter Haven was successful! Åll of your hard work and planning so far really was worth it. Keep us posted on future progress.
Sounds like the weather in Florida is exciting like usual, too bad that you had to travel in the worst of it.
We will continue praying for your future, and for God to show His will for you and Sharon.
I know that you are highly qualified! NO doubt about that! YOU are the best of the best! Besides, you already come from a VERY important and succesful family as well as Sharon.
Keep at it, it will be worth your effort!
We love you<
~mom and dad Bokma~
Post a Comment