Hi all,
Thanks for the update Mama B! Good to know all is well over there - we miss you! Julia - congrats on your recent track meet - it sounds like you're kicking bootie :)!!! It was so good to see you guys a few weeks ago!
Things are going pretty well over here. We're finally starting to feel settled and Louis is getting into the swing of things at his new job. I'm slowly getting to know my way around - so far I'm able to navigate to all the major shopping malls ;). In the few weeks since we've moved we've already had a few guests in addition to the Bokmas. My friend Kelly from Boston had a business trip planned to San Fran so she extended her trip a few days to see us. It was really good to spend time with an old friend and she got to know the two men in my life :). My sister stayed with us a few days too - she drove from San Diego so that we could fly together from San Jose to Seattle for my grandpa's memorial service.
I was home again for 3 days last week to spend time with my family and attend my grandpa's funeral. It was a very special service and I was so thankful that I could come back home to be there for it. My sister flew with me so that I wasn't alone with Henry - which was kind of silly because he turned out to be an angel on both flights but I was happy to have her with us anyway. Jo Ann played the piano for the memorial service which was really special - my grandpa loved playing the piano - every family get together he would pass around the song sheets and make us sing with him while he played. Jo Ann played some of his favorite songs. My grandpa really appreciated music - he loved that Louis sang in the Cathedral Choir. There were so many people at the service who loved him and so many lives that he touched - it was really special to hear their stories and I felt honored to be one of his grandchildren.
Back in San Jose again with my two boys, we had a really nice Easter Sunday. We went to a new church with Andrew and Kristin called Menlo Park Presbyterian and it's very similar to UPC but a little more contemporary. I've signed up to be in a mom's bible study group - I'm anxious to get involved with the church in other ways so we can meet new people. After church we went to this incredibly yummy breakfast place with A & K called Stacks. It's so nice that we have some friends living close by.
Henry's doing great out here - he was having a hard time adjusting at first but he's back on his normal schedule now and healthy as ever. We're waiting for him to do his next big thing... crawling/walking/talking/singing ;)... but for now he seems to be perfectly content sitting on the floor and babbling away for hours :). No rushing that guy... I knew that from the day he was born ;).
Well, that's about all from here - I'm sure theres more but my fingers are getting tired from typing ;). We miss you all and love you lots.
love, shan
No comments:
Post a Comment