It's been so long since I've posted to the blog that I really had to think about how to even do it. Alas, my memory served me well, and here it is.
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Easter! We had our own Easter dinner here with Tyler, his sister and his cousin, so there were 7 of us. I fixed the traditional ham dinner with Dairyman's Potato's and fresh green beans, it was all so yummy. Julia made a lemon cake in the shape of a huge daisy. We didn't get together with my family this year 'cause we had all been together the prior week-end for g-ma's birthday celebration.
Julia is on her way to southern CA today with her class for her senior trip. She will be gone until Sunday, and will be doing lots of fun stuff at the beach, amusement parks, a ball game ect. It will be quiet here while she is gone.
Last Saturday night Julia went to the Hansen HS prom with a dutch exchange student that has been attending our church. They were such a handsome couple! When she gets home she will post photos. On April 20th she has another prom to attend, this one is at her own school, with a different guy.
Last Thursday Julia did very well at her track meet, she placed 2nd in the triple jump, 6th in the long jump. This was with lots of big schools who aren't in her conference division. So.....if it had been just her conference schools she would have place 1st. She got a medal. She's hoping that she will be able to go to state this spring with her school to compete.
My living room makeover is almost complete, and I love it!!!! Everything looks so different than before. The only thing that I'm lacking is an area rug, I can't find one in the right colors and size, there is one out there, and I WILL find it. I'm so anxious for all of you to see our "new look". My old sofa's sold 5 minutes after Julia brought them to her senior class garage sale, for $400, a lady bought them for her mom.
We had a great time in CA a few weeks ago. It was so good to see Henry (and his parents)! We took a beautiful walk around the waters near Louis' house. Their house is really spacious, we didn't feel cramped at all and three of us stayed there. I think that Shannon will have fun getting it all set up and cozy. Louis got a new large screen HD TV, that dad helped him set up. Moving is so much work, I hope that the transition with work and home go smoothly for Louis and Shannon. We were happy to be able to help L and S with some move in work. We toured the Apple Computer Campus, and drove up into the mountains to see the Redwood's. We had a special dinner at a mountain lodge that was very rustic and elegant, a real treat. It was a short visit, but so good to be able to see what the Cupertino area is like, and the new home. My time at the Furniture meetings was productive too. Dad and I went to Seal Beach one afternoon and watched the kite surfer's. We had dinner out with Aunt Annie one night, at the Sycamore Inn, a fancy restaurant that all of our parents went to when we were little, (without us). Finally, we were able to enjoy it ourselves, the owner's have kept it in original condition, it was a very special experience.
Our weather is cooler today, a bit of rain which we are in dire need of. We are still in a drought here.
Our grange hall is full of props from the Magic Valley School of Performing Arts. They brought two U-haul loads of stuff out. I'm hoping that the mice don't get into things, there are alot of fancy costume's in there now.
We haven't had our boat out since the time a few weeks ago when we got broke down on the Snake River. That was a unforgettable experience! John Koning came to rescue us, I'm so glad that there were people available to help us out of our prediciment.
May the Lord Bless and Keep All of you safe. love ~mom~
1 comment:
Thanks for update Mama B! I can't wait to see your new living room - so exciting :)! Hope you guys had a wonderful Easter. We miss you!
love, shan
Post a Comment