Hi All, I feel like I'm the only one writing on the blog much, (it's getting lonesome), I thought that we were ALL supposed to participate! I want everyone to play this game!
Nuf of that. Dad and I were in Southern CA last Thurs, Fri and Saturday. It was a great trip! We were so busy with business on both sides of the family. Dad had some upsetting discovery on his parents old dairy in Chino. The renter is in violation of his lease, (by having lots of subleasing going on, no insurance), ect. Dad had quite a confrontation with the guy, I was praying that it wouldn't get physical. Everything turned out fine. It was upsetting for dad to see his parents place trashed when they had kept everything so nice and well kept for years. We visited the agent representing the family on the sale of the dairy, dad had worked for him on his dairy back in the early 70's, so they had lots to catch-up on. The agent is a christian, very kind and so well informed in the world of selling dairy's in CA.
I attended the Koopmans' Furniture Store meetings on Thursday night and Saturday morning. I met a few of the business managers that rent property from Papa, checked the condition of the buildings ect. It's facinating work for me, I also love being around some of my aunts, uncles and cousins on my dad's side. G-ma and papa came over this morning and I briefed him on all of the business decisions. Papa seems to be really happy with the job that I'm doing, he wants me to plan on going back again in 3 months. Yippee!
Dad and I visited 3 widow ladies, tante Akke, Aunt Donna, and Flora's mom, Mrs. Weeda. Those visits took alot of time, but we got some lekker tarts, tea and coffee. I love seeing these older dutch ladies homes, lots of their decor is genuine Holland, my favorite!
So, it was a very busy 3 days, it was fun, stressful, but all in all a great trip. On the flight home we were offered $400 Delta vouchers each if we would stay over night in Salt Lake City, we opted to not do that as we have left Julia alone so much this year. After returning home Jo and Julia both said that we should of done it, $800 in Delta dollars would have been great for them. Oh well, it's over with, it didn't happen.
We got home to a very cold Idaho, it feels like we live in a deep freeze here. It was so nice and warm in CA, however, they have to put up with smog, bottle neck traffic and a large population. I guess that we won't be moving. Snickers has been getting lots of use out of his new coats.
On Saturday g-ma had her Christmas piano recital, Julia was the invited Guest Artist. She played 2 Christmas songs at the end of the recital with lots of flair! What an honor for her.
So sorry to hear about the bad weather and power outages in Seattle, we didn't know a thing about it until after we got home and listened to Louis' message on the phone. I hear that it's the worst weather that Seattle has had in 15 years. Wow!
It's snowy here and looking alot like Christmas outside. I'd like to read about whats happening in all of your lives. I know that there are exciting happenings in Pensacola, but I'll let S and D tell you all about that.
Merry Merry Christmas and a Very Happy and Blessed New Year to you ALL.
Love ~mom~
No comments:
Post a Comment