Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Louis is an unlucky duck.....

Hello family!!
Sorry to hear about the incident at Safeway. I always thought that you guys lived in a nice neighborhood... Maybe it's just your car - have you considered installing a security system?? This is the 3rd or 4th time your car has been broken into/stolen?? Maybe it's the color too. Does insurance cover that for you or do you just have liability??
Shannon - I am glad to hear you got away for a weekend, did you get to go skiing or was it just a relaxing weekend??
We are very excited to see you all next week! We have bought two books on CD for our drive from Vegas so we are ready to go! Only a few more days :) Lately our schedule has been very hectic so it will be nice to be able to relax a little over the holiday. By the way, I have been doing lots of recipe searches for different things for Turkey day. One I am trying out tomorrow for our apartment Thanksgiving dinner. I am going to make a pumpkin ginger cheesecake. When in Idaho though, there is a spicy cranberry chutney that I want to try and a couple of different things so if you have any suggestions let me know!
Last weekend we went to marriage retreat (or half of the retreat). It was a very nice getaway to our friends' parents lake house. It was a beautiful house on a lake (hence the lake house) in Andalusia (which is very close to Florala, so grandma and grandpa poppell - derek's parents, got to keep Dutch for a night :) We had a very good learning experience. Lots of good information on how to keep a healthy happy marriage. We learned how to communicate well, keep God first in the marriage, how to solve conflict, how to have romance in the marriage, and some other things. We had a really good time (our friend Jackie's parents came up to do all of our cooking and cleaning so we could just relax and enjoy ourselves. The food was wonderful - Jackie's mom own's a catering company. We even are going to share one of her ideas with you all while we are in Idaho so be excited!!!
Tomorrow I have my second interview with Brown, Thornton, and Pacenta (the accoutning firm that I really liked that goes on a cruise or to Disney every year...) Please be praying for me tomorrow for that, I am very nervous! We have been trying to seek God's will for our lives, but sometimes it is so hard to see..... I wish there was just a big sign that said, this is what you need to do....
Anyway - that is what we have been up to here!
Hope all is well in Idaho and Seattle - we are so excited to see you!!!
Love,
Sharon
ps - yesterday I got lowlights in my hair (for you men, that is some darker color in my hair - where brunettes get highlights (blonde coloring in their hair) us blondes get lowlights) No body has noticed yet at work so please notice and let me know what you think. (even if you don't notice, make me feel like you did so I can feel like I got my money's worth....)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope the interview went well Sharon! Hope you guys have a safe flight on sunday and can't wait to see you next week :).

Anonymous said...

It will be great if you try some new recipes for us, the chutney sounds yummy! Only a few more days now! I'm praying that you'll have safe travel. love ~mom~

I'm glad that you and Derek made it to part of the marriage retreat, the setting sounds romantic. vb