Well,
I hope that everyone is nearing the end of their Chris-giving shopping, as time is getting short.
Sharon and Derek are coming only 1 week from this Sunday! So Amazing! All of the sudden it's almost time to celebrate the holiday together in Twin Falls!
Dad shopped for himself on e-bay and won a new bass guitar! It's a Ernie Ball, Sting Ray, 5 string bass, made in San Luis Obispo, CA. The perfect one came available, and dad was all over it. He had missed out on another one back in Sept. when he was on his fishing trip. So...he got his own birthday and Christmas present, how very easy for me. Did you know that it's very very important to upgrade one's guitar's every few years? I didn't, but with time I'm beginning to understand the importance of getting something "just a little better". However, this time I think that he just skipped all the rest of the levels and just got "the best that there is". He should be a happy guy for a loooong time now!
The weather has been warm and sunny the last few days so I donned my dirty clothes and worked hard in my flower beds yesterday. Cleaning out the "Sweet Alysym". I didn't get finished, it was too much for me to handle in one day. My solution next year for sweet alysym is, round-up, i don't want to deal with it anymore, it grows like weeds for me, it simply takes over any bare ground that it can find. I'm still sore and worn out today, yard work should be more enjoyable than that! Hopefully I'm revived by the time you all arrive, today I'm a limp noodle.
This morning dad and I went to town together to vote. Then we stopped at Win-co to pick up some groceries. While I was bending down to get my stuff off of the bottom rack of my shopping cart, an older lady crashed her motorized cart into me! Not to worry, I'm fine. Just know Derek, that we have crazy geriatric drivers here in Twin Falls too. And then I woke up with the flu at 3:30 am Sunday morning. I think that I need a large dose of sympathy, poor me.
Dad is traveling with me to the Furniture Store meetings in CA next month. Papa dosen't want to go down there anymore, and g-ma won't leave him alone overnight. Hopefully we can also visit tante Akke, aunt Donna, and Flora's mom while we're there. We will only be gone for 2 nights, we feel bad leaving Julia so often. At this meeting I will be voted in as a board member, if all goes well.
Next week we will be in Boise at the Annual Dairy Convention. Poor Julia, we're leaving again, she must feel like an orphan.
We hosted another bonfire last Sunday night. Julia's youth group from church, I think that there were 100 people here! Julia and Willie served a chilli dinner. The fire was huge!
I hope that cutie Henry is ready to play "pass the baby" cause I'm thinking that he will be in demand while he's at his mama B's house for Chris-giving. It should be a nice break for Shannon though. Dad and I are the only one's who have seen him yet.
Johanna got a new dog, his name is Reece's. He is a border collie x and very cute. He is only 3 months old, so he will need lots of patience and training.
Jo will be going to the Seahawk vs Rams game in Seattle this week-end. She is traveling with Robby, Elly, Uncle John and Ryan. Last year I think that there were 22 from our family that went together.
Ryan and Mindy's baby boy was born 2 weeks ago. His name is Kaiden Ryan. Allie Gnesa (Koopman) is pregnant and very, very sick. Nolan's wife Amy is due any day. That will make 7 grandkids for Rhonda. I'm very happy with just one.
I will see all of you soon, may God Bless your travels. ~mom~
No comments:
Post a Comment