Friday, July 07, 2006

Updates from Preggy

Sharon and Derek - that is quite a camping adventure!!!! I'm glad you guys survived!!! Sidenote to Louis... that is why I rarely go camping with you ;)... jk

Mama B and Julia - hope the trip to Vegas was fun and that the dance competition went well!

Louis and I had a pretty busy holiday weekend. Saturday night Louis and Andrew went on a backpacking trip - I'll let him fill you in on the details (he owes us a blog entry) but it sounded like the boys had a really fun time. I spent the night at my parents house (just in case Henry decided to make an early appearance). Monday night Louis and I took a little overnight trip to downtown seattle - I know it doesn't sound far but I was so ecstatic to trade our subtropic house for one night in a room with air conditioning ;). We stayed at the Sheraton and were lucky enough to be upgraded to a club suite room with a pretty view and free evening appetizers & continental breakfast. We went out to dinner at a swanky downtown restaurant called Earth&Ocean to celebrate an early b-day for Louis. It was an absolutely incredible 4 course meal that included among other tasty treats escargo - it was my first time eating a snail. Tuesday night we celebrated the 4th with Jen and Roth and his parents who were in town visiting. Roth whipped up an amazing seafood steam bake with fresh clams, crab, shrimp, corn, and potatoes. It was amazing. We played boche ball and had fun with some sparklers - it was a good time. On Wednesday night we met up with friends from SPU for a bbq at Carkeek park to celebrate the July birthdays (louis, andrew, and becky).

I've been spending my last weeks of freedom getting the house ready for Henry and hanging out with my girlfriends and my mom. It's been so nice to have the time off from work - although I do feel guilty that Louis is working such long hours while I get to relax. It doesn't seem fair, he deserves a break too. I'm at my parents house almost every other day swimming in their pool (which is good for my swelling and keeps me from melting in all this hot weather). Just 3 weeks to go now... my hospital overnight bag is all packed and ready. Henry has dropped quite a bit and already moved into position. I can't believe we'll be having a little baby soon!!!

We'll keep you all updated in the next few weeks as it gets closer to delivery time.

Wishing you all lots of love. We miss you!

love, shan

No comments: