Thanks to all of you for helping my birthday be so special, (and easier to get 1 year older). I loved hearing all of the messages with "Happy Birthday" sung to me. Louis called during our dinner that night and sang me an exuberant solo on his way home from work!
Actually, I feel like the Luckiest Girl in the World! To feel so much love and care from my family is such a blessing.... I am humbled, Praise be to God!
Dad and I had a romantic time in Park City, Utah. The bed and breakfast Inn that dad selected was a renovated school that was in use from 1890-1930. He couldn't have chosen a more beautiful setting, and only 3 1/2 hours from home. We spent alot of time on the patio's drinking tea, coffee and lemonade, just talking and relaxing. The bed was a feather one that felt like a nest, with a down comforter. I felt like a fairy tale princess! Dad had packed up our bikes so we took several bike rides, one up to the top of the mountain by Deer Valley, through the area of new 4 million $ homes.
5 Things:
We played chess and checkers, I lost at both.
We soaked in the hot tub.
We met a neat couple from AZ who hopefully we will keep in touch with.
We went to the Farmer's Market on Wednesday.
The inn keepers are expecting their first baby on August 11!
Johanna has started moving into her First Home ever! She is fixing it up so cute, she has quite the decorators touch.
Julia is attending a volleyball camp this week at CSI, 8 hours of volleyball per day for 3 days running. I think that she will be an expert when this is over, a tired and sore one for sure.
We took our boat out to Murtaugh Lake last Sunday, after 3 hours of fun the boat overheated, so we had to stop the fun and deal with the problem. Julia had brought 3 friends, Johanna 1.
The boat is in the shop now, hopefully it will be in good shape for our camping trip the first week in August.
My dishwasher isn't working either, sooooo it's paper plates/cups for now. I just think that it's great when things don't work properly, the frustration is so pleasant! tee hee hee
I bought a book, "Chicken Soup for the Grandparents Soul", it has been so enjoyable. I've never been a grandparent before and I want to be the best one possible. The book has so many good examples to follow.
From the "little bit older and wiser" ~mama B~
No comments:
Post a Comment