Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

Hello everybodie!!!!!

It's been hot-hot-hot here, it has been a bit cooler the last few days, but now it's humid so it really dosen't feel much different. The heat is very tough on the animals, young and old. Dad is having a hard time keeping up with irrigating the crops. I have lots of brown spots in my yard.

12 Things:

1. We got a new dog, Jacko, he's a one year old austrailan shepherd, white with brown and red spots, his eyes are blue/white. He's taller than Holly, hopefully he'll be a cattle dog, his temperment is very calm. Snickers and Lucky are glad to have a new playmate.

2. Sweet cherry season is almost over, thankfully. Every year I become obsessive/compulsive with them. I can stop eating them, my tummy is so sore the whole month that they're in season. Dad has started hiding them from me, but not for long.

3. Dad and I took the boat out on Sunday night to Milner Dam, on the Snake River, it's just a few miles farther than Murtaugh Lake, we'd never been there before. It's a great place to ski and not very busy. We both skiied 2 times, I even drove the boat when dad skiied. It was a very relaxing way to spend an evening.

4. We have received 116 sympathy cards for Beppe! Isn't that amazing?

5. I bought a feather bed since we liked the one at the bed and breakfast inn so much. However, it made dad tooooo hot, he had a battle with it in the middle of the night, it lost, it came off the bed and is going back to the store. I liked it just fine, but everything must be just so when dad is trying to sleep. bummer

6. Julia has been sick for 3 days with a cough, fever and headache. She has plans to leave for Creation tonight with her youth group, (christian woodstock) in WA. I'm taking her to the Dr at noon to see if she has puemonia, her cough keeps getting worse. She will be very-very-very sad if she is unable to go on this trip. She will have to decide soon.

7. Dad has been golfing on Monday nights, his partner is Pete Wiersma. He dosen't like it much at all, he spends most of his time searching for lost balls in the weeds, where his legs get itchy and scratched up. One night he won the prize for having the most lost balls.

8. Dad played bass in church last week and will again this Sunday. Last week he even had a mike, that was really multi-tasking for him. He always does such a wonderful job.

9. There have been 2 teenage drownings in the last 2 weeks on the Snake River. Julia was nearby when the one happened last Saturday. It was the son of one of her 7th grade teachers at O'Leary. She was pretty upset when she got home.

10. My co-dependancy group has been going very well this summer, I had 7 people there last night.

11. I scrubbed out the garage yesterday, it's so shiny and clean. The dogs work against me when they come in with their muddy paws.

12. I'm going to be a GRANDMA soon!!!!!!!!!! We're anxiously awaiting "The Call"!

May the Lord Bless and Keep all of you safe in the Hallow of His hand. I love you guys ~mama~

No comments: