Monday, June 05, 2006

All Done.....

There haven't been any blog entries for weeks, are you guys still out there?
Hopefully my writinig today will start a flurry of blog writers to contribuite soon.

We are grateful to have Beppe put to rest. I was great to have so much family here offering love and support. Dad and his sibblings were so honoring to their mother in every way possible before and after her death. The song that all of you (my children) sang was so touching, I was so proud, I still do think that I have the world's best kids! I missed having Shannon and Derek there.
I've been exhausted (depressed), from all of the activites surrounding the end of Beppe's life. Dad and I have had many signs of stress in our lives, hopefully it shall soon pass. There was a 30 hour death watch, I'd never seen anyone die before, it was very unpleasant. I'm grateful that she didn't die alone, there were 6 family members present while she entered the heavenly gates. It all still seems surreal to me, as if it were only a dream. With time it is starting to become believeable that all of it really did happen.
There were over 160 people at her funeral. So far we have received 85 sympathy cards, we are still receiving more each day in the mail. We've received 7 plants at our home, there were many floral arrangements at the funeral that were left at Alterra after the funeral. Dad and I are overwhelmed by the concern and thoughtfulness shown to us by so many of our friends and relatives. We will start writing thank you notes today. There's also been $1310 donated to our church's music ministry in Beppe's name.

Dad and I took a drive to the South Hills yesterday, (we missed church). It was a beautiful drive, we stopped at an area that had hundreds of hummingbirds! There is an 82 year old man from Jerome who keeps their nectar jars full. Last year June, the hummers drank two gallons a day! We sat in chairs watching them, they were zooming around our heads. What a great experience and beautiful drive it was for us.
We have a Koopman family camping trip planned for August 6-9. I've got the same campsite (Dog Creek) reserved that we've had in years past. (The famous site where Derek surprised Sharon on her 19th b-day by driving all the way from Alabama)! We don't have a travel trailer anymore so I've booked a motel room by g-ma and Rhonda. Dad and the girls want to stay at the campsite in the tent. I think that all of Steve's kids will be there too.

Julia has a new love interest in her life, Boo (Brent), his dad is sherriff of Twin Falls County. Julia is helping with Vaction Bible School this week, her big dance recital is on Friday. Next Sunday she is leaving for 1 week on a mission trip to AZ. Last Saturday she danced at the Western Days in the city park. Yesterday morn she helped to lead worship at church, it was grad Sunday. Whew!

I will be in CA from June 21 -24 with g-ma and papa. I want to attend both of the store meetings to see if being a director is something that I would be interested in doing in the future.
I would prefer that papa would sell the stores, there are rumors of that actually happening.

On July 1-4 Julia and I will be in Vegas for her big dance competition. She says that this is her last year of dance, it is too consuming of her time. She also isn't all to fond of her instructor. She would like to devote more time to music during her senior year of high school.

So... the summer schedule is filling up. We shall also see where Henry decides to make his entry into this world! Dad's fishing trip is scheduled for September 4-9, (it looks like BP or Uncle John will fish with dad), so that most likely will be the time that we will visit Seattle and our first grandchild! My cousin John Koopman's daughter is getting married in Seattle on Sept 9, so the timing is good.

Allison Koopman's wedding is Sept 19 in Twin Falls.

Shannon, I hope that you're not too hot and miserable, remember, this too shall pass. Are you getting the nursery all cute and set up?

I love you all, thanks for all the thoughtfulness and support you've shown us recently. ~mom~

No comments: