Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Henry Louis Bokma

Hi all,
We are so very excited for the little one to arrive :)! I dragged Louis to some baby stores in Bellevue on Sunday so we could check out cribs, carseats and strollers. I can't wait to pick out bedding and decorations now that we know it's a boy :). I'm thinking a sailboat theme would be cute for the nursery.
The ultrasound went really well - everything looked great and little Henry is very healthy. So far, I've been really happy with all the doctors we've worked with - I think Overlake is going to be a really good hospital to deliver at. They are ranked one of the highest in the northwest. It was a really special experience to see our baby moving around inside me - funny how active the little guy is...I should have known it was a boy ;).
Things are going good here - we've both been really busy with work. I'm getting more into the swing of things at Microsoft and having a hard time imagining not working again - although I'm sure a baby will keep me plenty busy enough! There may be an opportunity for me to continue with Microsoft part time after the baby is born - it is nice to know its an option if I decide I do want to go back.
One of my closest friends from college, Kryssa (she was also maid of honor at our wedding), just got engaged and is planning a wedding for this august. I've been spending a lot of time with the girls from college lately chatting wedding plans and showers. It's fun to have an excuse for us all to get together. I'm supposed to be a bridesmaid although it's set for 2 weeks after the baby's due date so I haven't figured out how that's going to work ;).
Please keep Louis in your prayers as he is traveling to London on Saturday - I'll miss him!
Sharon - I hope your solo went well - what a great opportunity!
Julia - Happy Birthday!!!!!! We're praying for you on your trip to LA. You should be getting a package from us shortly.
Jo - You were right all along ;). I hear you with all the rain...I wish the spring weather would hurry up and get here!
Mama B - that's great that you found renters! They sound like a really nice family. Thank you for all the effort you've put into planning the trip to DC - it sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Miss you guys!

love, shan

No comments: