Saturday, February 18, 2006

Brrrrrrrr!

I hope that everyone had a great Valentine's Day! Dad took me to the Garden Cafe, it was very romantic, he also gave me flower's from Costco. So......there's no doubt about it, he's still crazy in love with me, I'm soooooo blessed!
We had plans to drive up to Boise with the Carroll's today and attend Dusty Van Hof Wegen's wedding tonight, however, one of our milker's got picked-up by the police yesterday, and we have been having a late cold-snap, and I've been sick this week, so we had to cancel. We're sad because it will be a fun wedding and reception, one that we really regret missing. Dad is in the band this week-end which further complicates matters. It was the right decision, just difficult.

Julia called last night to tell us that she didn't qualify for the finals, but she did improve her personal best jump, and she was only one behind qualifying for the finals. She was pleased. It was an honor for her to compete in the Simplot games.

I've been fighting a cold/flu this week, feeling really, really crummy. I caught what Julia had last week. Dad's been a very attentive nurse for me, although he's alot worried about catching it himself.

Grandma and Papa are in Palm Springs this week, they are staying with Uncle Jess and Aunt Corrine. I wish they would stay for several weeks, if I had the option, I certainly would go where it's warmer for the winter. Uncle Harry traveled to the Tulare Farm Show in CA this week, he also visited Aunt Annie.

We've been watching alot of the Olympics lately, I feel like such a couch potato when I watch those world athletes. My favorite is the Ice Skating events. Italy seems to be such a beautiful place, I think that I would like to travel there someday.

Sharon and Derek, I've been thinking of you guys alot while you have Rob and Joslyn visiting; today you're going to Destin. It's so great to know that the cousins are spending time together! I know that Dutch really enjoys having company, it's more people that will take him on walks!

We're moving ahead on the purchase of the Eaton farm, we're leaning toward Rabo Bank for financing. I will be moving Julia's CD to them on Tuesday, they are offering her 4 1/2% interest. Their loan officer was here for several hours on Friday. Quite a few banks are salvating to get this loan, we'll make our decision this week-end so that the apprisal can be started.

My projects today are to get a care package of maternity clothing ready to send off to Shannon-berry, and then reconcile my bank statement,(one of my favorite things, seriously!). Shannon will be the most classy preganant lady ever, I'm just sure of it. Lucky is trying to take over the office chair, every time I move out of it, he jumps right on it again. He really likes to be close to me, but this is too much.

Dad and I bought a laptop computer last week, Costco had a coupon good for 1 week. It's a HP, it will really help dad and Johanna out for vet checks, they can make entries during the vet check rather than bringing the report home and taking 3 hours to put it into the computer later. Larry Bryan is putting in a router next week so we will have internet/printer connection with it.

Walker's, (the renter's in Rosenof's old house) gave their 30 day notice last week, they built a new home. So I will be working on getting more good renters, it can be a huge task.

May the Lord Bless and Keep all of you safe in the hallow of His hand. Lots of love ~mom~

No comments: