Hey Jen, I thought Iwould try to post to your blog! I've read some of your stuff and you are very talented at writing. Of course, that's what you majored in. Hope you and roth are doing well in Seattle. Louis and Shannon are enjoying having you there! Say hi to Roth!
Uncle Willie Quarter Life Crisis
1 comment:
Looks like you've all discovered my little place in the blogosphere ... thanks to Louis. I guess I found you guys as well.
I must say that I love my blog. I love thinking of weird, crazy stuff to write about. I love that complete strangers read my weird, crazy stuff, and comment on it as if we're all old friends. I love that I can update all my family members with our goings-on just by clicking the "publish" button.
For me, my blog is like a present-tense memoir (although the definition of a memoir has been challenged as of late - anyone else aware of the James Frey controversy?). I'm sure some day, I'll grow tired of updating it, and I'll move on to something else, but in the meantime, it's been highly cathartic to be able to write about whatever I want. I've upset my family, and made them laugh, but all in all, my blog is my personal creative space.
I encourage you all to read it, but not judge. I've learned not to censor my thoughts and words, and therefore you might read something you don't agree with, or that makes you mad, or even worried about me. But that's the beauty of the blog. You can choose to comment and offer advice, or just admire from afar. I hope you'll do both.
As for you guys, keep up the good work. I'll check in from time to time, but it seems that your family blog is very personal and reserved for the core members of the family. I think it's fabulous that you all stay so connected to one another. I don't have that with my family, but at least they have me and my blog, and that seems to be enough for now.
Love you guys!
Jen
Post a Comment