Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Just 3 days to go :)

Hi everyone,
It sounds like the weekend in Sun Valley was so wonderful - I remember some of the ice sculptures from last year - they were absolutely amazing! We are so looking forward to the trip to Idaho in just a few days :).
These last few weeks have been pretty busy for us with Christmas activities and holiday parties. Last week Louis suprised me with tickets to see the Pacific Northwest ballet's Nutcracker. It was so incredible - I love the Nutcracker and it's one of my absolute favorite things to see at Christmas time. The dancing was accompanied by a beautiful orchastra and the set design was by Maurice Sendak (he is famous for illustrating the kid's book, "Where the Wild Things Are"). We also attended a semiformal event for Cypress at the Fairmont hotel in Seattle - it was fun to get dressed up and I enjoyed meeting some of the people Louis works with. I was very thankful that Kristin was there too (Andrew's wife) so that we could huddle together when the sheer number of engineers became overwhelming ;). This afternoon I hosted a Christmas brunch for my college girlfriends and then we hit downtown for some last minute shopping frenzy.
Apart from the activities, Louis has been busy at work on apple projects (he was at apple today meeting with the guys on the ipod team) and I've been continuing to search for jobs.

Sharon - we ran into the same problem with shipping. I sent a package to you on Monday via Fed Ex and I'm hopeful that it will still make it to you by Saturday. I have a tracking number so I'll keep my eye on it.

Johanna - I can't wait to see the newly renovated casita!

Julia - It would be so much fun to see one of your dance performances some time :).

Lots of love,
Shannon

No comments: