Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sammy pot-pie

Dear All,
Thanksgiving in seattle went wonderfully although we missed you bunches! It was fun for Louis and I to be the hosts...my parents of course were tickled. We made a fabulous roasted turkey stuffed with onions and oranges with cloves (kudos to Louis), roasted vegies (squash, carrotts, and onions), garlic mashed potatos, cranberry-apple stuffing, and pecan praline pie. My parents brought bean dish and cranberry dessert and Grandma brought her famous sweet potatos (my fav)and Grandpa's fruit salad. Aunt Fran brought the pumpkin pie and way too many other desserts. It was amazing. We had so many leftovers from sammy that i had to whip up a pot-pie this afternoon ;).

In reflection of the things I am thankful for this year...
I'm so very thankful for each of you and feel blessed to have gained such a wonderful family. I'm so so so thankful for my husband and best friend (Louberry). I'm so thankful for my family and friends. I'm thankful for spiced apple cider on cold days, clear skies in seattle, stars, walks around Greenlake, pink gerber daisys, warm scarves, pumpkins, hoodies, and sisters...

Lots of love,
shan

No comments: