Hi all my chickadee's! It's so good to be able to write all of you at once.
Dad and I have been busy with hosting the Festival of Trees here in Twin Falls. It has been alot of work getting the site decorated and prepared. Tonight was the Gala Black Tie Dinner. There was room for 300 and it was sold out! Tickets were $100 per plate, however we got our tickets comp't. Dad got out his tux, and I my black velvet dress from Sharon's wedding, I bought a black sweater shrug with sequins on it to compliment my outfit. There was valet parking and a coat check, fancy stuff for Twin Falls! (The next 4 days it will be open to the public, there will be live local entertainment, Julia dances there on Thursday and Saturday).
Dad and I were on the stage together, he welcomed everybody, prayed, and named each sponsor, had them stand to acknowledge their support. My part was to stand there, look pretty, smile and clap, smile and clap, ect (I did my part VERY well). We feel very important now, rubbing shoulders with lots of the high rollers of the Magic Valley.
I helped to select the menu, my recipe for cheese-a-butter was used for the baked potatoes, so now it's famous. I bought 1 large tree, and 4 mini trees, so decorating will be easy for me this year!
At the festival of Trees there are 45 large Christmas trees, 20 mini trees, wreaths, and quilts all auctioned off. There were lots of big ticket items too, even a Harley Davidson Motorcycle. The theme is Christmas around the world. There is a 12 ft rotating globe at the center. I helped to decorate a Dutch room, I put out the Bokma gin and dad's wooden klompen and lots of other Holland stuff from our house. There are also 500 nativity scenes from around the world on display, it is a huge undertaking for our city, we were honored to be a part of it.
Yesterday dad and I got a new bedroom set. It is from Indiana, built by the Amish. It is solid cherry. We now have a head and foot board, finally after 25 years of married life. It is a beautiful set, it really fills up our bedroom. If we ever get another earthquake here, I'm hiding under that bed, it is so rock solid. Our old set is across the street in the garage. If any of you are interested in it speak up soon, otherwise I'm going to try to sell it.
I've finished my homemade gift for Shannon, yea for me! What happened to the gifting list, it's not on the blog anymore?
I love you all ~mama chick~ (and the big rooster)
No comments:
Post a Comment