Sunday, November 01, 2009

"You're here because *he* turned you in for sweeties."

The heading of this is a quote from Jadis, the White Witch of Narnia when talking to Mr. Tumnus, the faun. She is the character that I dressed up as for Halloween. I know that her cold and evil demeanor aren't the most attractive factors, but you gotta give it to her when it comes to style and flair. Plus, I remember Dad telling me a few years ago that I "kind of look like her". It was also kind of fun running around all night in character and yelling "you fool!" at everybody.



Here is the top half of the costume. I found the dress and belt at the Ballard Goodwill. I bought my scepter and icicles for my hair at Fred Meyer (The one time I'm actually glad they have Christmas decorations out sooo early), used random scarves and boas from my housemates, and my two housemates, Ashleigh and Danielle, did my hair in pseudo-dreadlocks. I wasn't quite sure how everything would turn out, but in the end I was quite pleased with it. :]

Sharon and Derek, I saw your pictures from your murder mystery dinner on Facebook, and those costumes (and names!) were ingeniously creative! I'm quite curious as to whodunit. It couldn't have been the innocent Jaqueline Hyde, could it?

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow Julia that's a great costume :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon said...

Of course it wasn't me silly. It was actually Vlad Tire (who was played by Charles Harbuck - my brother in law)

Sharon said...

Nice costume by the way. You do look kind of like her but in a nicer way :)

Anonymous said...

I vote that you keep the dreads!

Julia said...

be careful when you say that..... I've actually considered them. :]